OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Mr Wrasse has been doing just fine since that fw dip!
He looked like he was at death's door and since then it's like it never happened. So weird! o_O

The tank is at therapeutic levels of copper. How long should I leave it there @Humblefish ?

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following your builds for awhile now and always impressed. What do you like about the Elos setup vs your other "inwall" setup?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following your builds for awhile now and always impressed. What do you like about the Elos setup vs your other "inwall" setup?
Man, they are such different setups, in pretty much every way. I miss a lot about the old one... the overall volume and the fish room for sure.
But if we were to pretend they were similar in size and I didn't have the fish room, the Elos is just another level of tank.
The tank itself is constructed better, it's rimless, the clarity of the glass is awesome... it's just gorgeous.
I really like the dimensions of this tank, or I guess I should say the proportions. That extra depth is great.
Going from a coast-to-coast style overflow to this tiny little box in the corner is crazy. It's so small, yet it flows a ton of water.
I can't say I miss the C2C from a function standpoint, and visually the Elos overflow takes up almost NO space. Incredible.
I also like that I have a full 3 sides to view, especially with that extra depth. Part of my sides were covered up before.
That is one reason I don't think I'd like having a true in-wall tank, being left with just the front the view.

Overall, if I had everything my way, I'd want another Elos with these same proportions but twice the size. :D

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I catch myself going to the sides of the tank as much as the front.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dennis - I know you were originally going for ATI T5s and then were convinced by exotech to give the LEDs another chance

So what do you think?
What are your thoughts on each. Happy you went with LEDs or would go back and switch them if you could?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dennis - I know you were originally going for ATI T5s and then were convinced by exotech to give the LEDs another chance

So what do you think?
What are your thoughts on each. Happy you went with LEDs or would go back and switch them if you could?
Never got to run the T5/LED unit so can't comment there.
As far as the Radions, well... you see the pics so far... you tell me! :)

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Good point.

Just that everyone I have talked to have said the growth rate of T5s cannot be matched with LEDs.

Maybe Ben can shed light on this. He had T5s on the DT and LEDs in the fish room. I think.

@Diesel :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Good point.

Just that everyone I have talked to have said the growth rate of T5s cannot be matched with LEDs.

Maybe Ben can shed light on this. He had T5s on the DT and LEDs in the fish room. I think.

@Diesel :)

T5's are T5's and Led's are Led's ............... that said the G4's are on a complete different level.
EM even ask me to try it and they would send me 4 brand new G4's no questions ask.......if I had the guts to remove the T5's over the tank.
All had to do shoot a video and pics so now and then to report back the overall growth on the corals.
It's just I don't have any SPS in the tank anymore and my desire to put SPS back in the tank is nowhere to find.
Matter the fact is this reminds me to clean the glass today so I can see my fish again :(

I might get the G4's no matter what but I just pay for them, getting them free but having no interest to make a report isn't fair.
But the no bulb change I do like really much as I don't want to spend not more than 15 min per.................... month :eek: on the tank.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank! Where would one find the giant gorgonians? I am about to start my 125 and would love to have at least one of those in the tank. I like things that add a little motion to the display.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank! Where would one find the giant gorgonians? I am about to start my 125 and would love to have at least one of those in the tank. I like things that add a little motion to the display.
They're from Tampa Bay Saltwater. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this tank still running or do you do something like sell it to help you pay for a jeep?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great D2! The G4 seems to have a lot better color. Keep us updated!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this tank still running or do you do something like sell it to help you pay for a jeep?
AHAHAHAAHA!
Well ummm.... no I did not sell it. :oops:
But I have been a bit pre-occupied! :D

Everything looks great D2! The G4 seems to have a lot better color. Keep us updated!
Thanks!

I do have an interesting update on the fuge, I just don't have pics or anything to show yet.
But basically the cheato "peaked" around the time of that video or a little after, and now recently it's deteriorating.
Not sure what that means yet, but thought it was interesting. Might just be a sort of cycle it will go through when left to its own devices.
I've been meaning to send off my second ICP test so will hopefully do that tomorrow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back