Deep Blue out of business, any alternatives that might be little better than Aqueon and Marineland

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Masters seems to be the next brand up so to speak. Their tanks are identical to the Deep Blue and Seapora tanks. I wouldn’t be suprized if they were made in the same factory.

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way over priced. $700 for a $350 tank. Had someone think that a deep blue with a homemade stand was worth $700. I have seen a few sell for around $500 recently w/ stand

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just ordered an 80 gallon 48”x24”x16” low boy from Seapora through a LFS in Milwaukee. I’ll let you all know if there are any issues, but they told me they recently received a shipment from them, so they didn’t anticipate me having any to wait more than a couple weeks for my new tank.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Resurrecting this thread once again. Anyone know if seapora is still around? How bout that aquarium masters? Any idea how to go about getting their tanks?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting this thread once again. Anyone know if seapora is still around? How bout that aquarium masters? Any idea how to go about getting their tanks?
I tried to get one few months back and everyone I talked to said all there stuff is on backorder for months so I went with planet aquariums thru my lfs and I’m very happy

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Seapora is still around, I spoke with someone at the company last fall when the tank I ordered from my LFS was continually on backorder. They told me that they've still got massive supply chain issues with the materials they use to make their tanks, so they're putting the few materials they are able to get into only their best selling sizes. Didn't get any specifics about what their current product output looks like, numbers-wise. They told me if I wanted an 80 gallon frag tank, that I'd have to search and find one at a local retailer that has been sitting on the shelf since before the pandemic. I ended up finding a used Aquarium Masters 80 gallon frag tank locally instead (see my build thread if you want to see how it looks now). Good luck!

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen both recently, but mostly smaller tanks. Most of the 75 and up I see are aqueon or marineland. Just had my LFS order me a seapora 40 long which was luckily on stock. Overall Stock is still severely depleted and when tanks come in at the wholesalers they send out an email blast to let people know they got a few in. From what they tell me bigger tanks/speciality frag and oddball tanks are the hardest to get.

pardas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also went with CDA out of California. I worked with Trenton. I got 2 tanks a 60"x 24"x21" rimless with a wooden stand. He even color matched to my furniture at no extra cost. Plus a 70"x36"x24" eurobraced tank with a powder coated metal stand. I'm in AZ. Since I am somewhat close to them they only charged me $175 for shipping for tanks and stands. He built me full tank height external overflow boxes. He also made sure stands were built to support the weight of the overflows. Awesome company to work with. Outstanding quality.
Hey @KenO, after 4 years, what’s your opinion on the CDAs tanks? Debating what path to follow for a new tank. Thanks.

DanPlanted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seapora is the private label brand for USA aquarium product wholesale distributor Royal Aquatic. I believe Royal Aquatic is the last remaining division of Big Al's pet. I think that most (all?) Seapora tanks are made by Aquarium Industrial/AI Incorporated/Aquarium Masters in California.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back