OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everybody!! So glad yall like it, my husband and I are ecxited about this build. I am going to wait a few days to make sure the tank is cycled. I covered the pvc pillar with live rock but we were having problems with leaking within the pillar so in the time it took to fix the leak, the live rock dried completely. I placed live rock in the tank from my sump and some live sand from my lionfish tank to help the tank cycle. Since it's such a small tank, it shouldn't take long. I've also got some problems with shadows on the pillar that I need to tend to. I was hoping to attach my zoas to the pillar and have mushrooms around the base. I'm hoping it cycles quickly and I can finally get this show on the road for you all.

dznn4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love it!! You two cease to amaze Dan and I with your unique ideas in the hobby! Can't wait to see more pictures!

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love it!! You two cease to amaze Dan and I with your unique ideas in the hobby! Can't wait to see more pictures!

It took me a second to realize who this was! Hahaha Thank you Lisa, we busted our butts on this thing. Making it a lamp like this was CJ's idea of course. Hopefully I can start adding coral soon, I'll definitely go picture crazy once they're in. I also am getting Chris to order me two clown gobies, one yellow and one green. I also want to get a porcelain crab or two.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Is my favorite build in the competition so far. So creative!

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
left side

front

right side

Threw my damsel in here to help the cycle along. I also put 2 small dead acro colonies, that was given to me by a lfs, in here for the future clown gobies to hang out in.

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very creative!
Thanks!

CORALS ARE IN!!!

blue ric-20

green ric-20

metalic orange shroom- 15
hard to get true color in pics

small purple shroom-10

green striped shroom babies (2)-10

red shroom-10

frogspawn-15

cat eye zoa-10

Halle berry zoa-10

green paly-5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Receipt for the super pinks zoas. I got one and my little brother got the other two.

Super pinks-20

pink paly-2

radioactive dragon eyes-5

eagle eyes-5

camo looking zoas- 5

Coral total is $207

I also recently bought the first fish for this tank, a teeny tiny yellow clown goby! I've got her in a breeder net that is in my qt to make sure she is eating and observation.

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! Most of the corals are ones I already had or are frags of what I already have in my other tanks. I have more zoas to put in here, just haven't gotten to it yet.

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my green clown goby yesterday!

0822141117_zpsd078f858.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back