Dixie's mystery nano in 90

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The light is a par 38 bulb from reefkoi. There is no sump, we drilled a single hole in the bottom, 2", and used a 2" wide pipe for the pillar. We ran the drain and return (flexible tubing from lowes) down the pipe and hooked them directly to the return pump. I got the pump from marine depot and the bulk head, strainers, and hole saw from glass holes.

How did you manage to do the closed loop underneath, with a single 2" bulkhead? I would love to see a pic of that if its not, top secret, lol! I would imagine a 2" T with reducers. One end feeds the pump intake, and the other end has a through fitting connecting the 1/4" tubing within the pillar?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind, in reading again, I realize the pipe top was not and overflow. In and out of the tank through 1/4" tubing, right?

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I got the new tank last week and it's been running since monday. Check out the link, I consolidated all of my builds including the lamp and the new tank into one thread. It's easier to keep track and updated that way.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/178832-i-have-multiple-tank-syndrome.html

There are 2, 1/4" hoses running through the center of the big 2" pipe/pillar. One is the drain and the other is the return, each hose is connected directly to a small return pump. Each hose is connected to an elbow at the top and the elbow is placed in holes that we cut into the big pipe. On the outside of the pillar, on the backside, I attached strainers to keep critters from getting tuck. There are pictures of it in the link that I posted. Happy reefing!!

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back