Dixie's mystery nano in 90

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!! Love the video too!! If I knew how to do that i'd be all over it. I also pitched the idea of having tanks on each side of the bed as nightstands but it didn't go over with the wife that well. Wish it would. One of these days i'll do it.

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!! Love the video too!! If I knew how to do that i'd be all over it. I also pitched the idea of having tanks on each side of the bed as nightstands but it didn't go over with the wife that well. Wish it would. One of these days i'll do it.

Nightstand tanks would be awesome!! I want one at the foot of my bed. It would have to be penninsula style so I could see through it. Ah....one day.......

wrassehole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful job! I have this tank sitting in front of me, empty. you have given me the inspiration to start a new project. Any specifics on the light, sump, bulkhead size?

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The light is a par 38 bulb from reefkoi. There is no sump, we drilled a single hole in the bottom, 2", and used a 2" wide pipe for the pillar. We ran the drain and return (flexible tubing from lowes) down the pipe and hooked them directly to the return pump. I got the pump from marine depot and the bulk head, strainers, and hole saw from glass holes.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creativity is the best! And the center 2" overflow with incoming returns, just did it for me! That's how you design a nano from scratch, because after all it's just a nano, it's supposed to be simple! First time in the contest, I went with what I had, but next year, I'm gonna put some custom brains in it! Wait and see! Congrats!!!

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job guys. I was predicting this since the beginning. Have fun with the new setup

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back