Foxface venom

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Scary stuff !!! , Sorry to hear of your dilemma and glad you seam to be ok . In all the years I’ve never had that happen I’ll bet you were scared yesterday.

IronJocky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is t the first time a foxface has gotten me but its actually very different. Ive been poked in the hand and and that just burned a little. But today I was putting a coral in the tank and I spooked him and he got me in the forearm. Of course its right where I have a tattoo so I cant actually see it other than it itching and burning at the same time. But its spreading down my hand and up to my shoulder and Im getting dizzy. Anyone know how bad they can get by chance?
Try vinegar it’s what is used for jelly fish stings pore it on the sting

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it super sucked. Felt like crap all day yesterday too
are you feeling any better yet ?

When I was stung. 4 times on the side of my hand .
It was swollen , throbbed for weeks
My sinuses on the opposite side of my body were instantly plugged solid .

Amatsuki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is t the first time a foxface has gotten me but its actually very different. Ive been poked in the hand and and that just burned a little. But today I was putting a coral in the tank and I spooked him and he got me in the forearm. Of course its right where I have a tattoo so I cant actually see it other than it itching and burning at the same time. But its spreading down my hand and up to my shoulder and Im getting dizzy. Anyone know how bad they can get by chance?
I have been stung by a fox face before it got me by accident and all it did was made me nauseous for a couple days it’s not as bad as you would think it is for a venomous fish unless if you would somehow be allergic

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been stung by a fox face before it got me by accident and all it did was made me nauseous for a couple days it’s not as bad as you would think it is for a venomous fish unless if you would somehow be allergic
You know, with my luck recently I probably am -.- but he is super cute so Im not mad at him! His name is Buddy and he is a baby magnificent and has got some beautiful coloring

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually cant do the gloves, they have several elements Im allergic to that cause bad skin reactions!
I bought some gloves for chemicals that have a lining that won't irritate your skin. Cant remember where I got them but they come up to mid bicep. So theres options.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, with my luck recently I probably am -.- but he is super cute so Im not mad at him! His name is Buddy and he is a baby magnificent and has got some beautiful coloring
It’s sometimes the innocent and cute ones you need to watch out for

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting I have my first Fox Face, and now at least I know what to expect. I have been bitten by a clown trigger stun by a lion fish but never a fox face. Hope your doing ok, good luck

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, great post with the experiences of different folks. I was just thinking about the toxicity of their venom a day or so ago. I have a 4-5" Foxface, super cool and very interactive. He will eat from my fingers (only barely in the water and I watch those fins). Now that I have read this thread, I'll be rethinking about putting my bare hands in the water. I do have shoulder length gloves, but they are so cumbersome.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got stung a few times. Worst one was on the back of the hand. This is probably just anecdotal, but they seemed to get better each time. :)

I was in college the first time and we had a large, well respected Medical school and nobody knew how to help me - this was a teaching hospital where they would just call in other folks and there must have been like 15 doctors and countless students in and out for a while. Just told me to soak the hand in warm water and try massaging the area. They gave me some pain killers, but this was a different time when pain killers were no issue to prescribe.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive gotten it once from a foxface and it represented grabbing a rose bush with thorn type pain and I ran hand under bearable hot water followed by short term throbbing. The venom I believe is geared more towards tankmates opposed to humans but nevertheless, we want to be cautious

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back