• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: RARE HUGE BLUE GIGAS CLAM in VA

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing other than what was feed to the fish in the tank. Primary used three 400 watt 10,000K Ushio bulbs and two 140 watt VHO Actinic 03 bulbs when I had the clam in my 270 gallon tank.
I thought so. It is just the light and the particles from water. Thank you for sharing. It is grow too fast. I just wonder what is the growing rate if it was in its natural habitat.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought so. It is just the light and the particles from water. Thank you for sharing. It is grow too fast. I just wonder what is the growing rate if it was in its natural habitat.

One more thing I forgot to mention. I was running an MTC Pro-Cal reactor to stabilize the alkalinity and calcium. That also contributed to the rapid growth.

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments everyone.... Willing to entertain reasonable offers!

Starchar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the National Zoo in DC - but, due to budget cuts........ They closed the whole invert house last year!

The clam is housed in Billy's restaurant tank.

The DC Aquarium is sadly pathetic. I found a greater diversity of marine life in most LFS. So sad (and you pay to get in).

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to or want to, I think the National Aquarium in Baltimore would love to have this guy!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to or want to, I think the National Aquarium in Baltimore would love to have this guy!
Yea sadly no major public aquarium is going to take livestock donations, it's an all to common myth.

Mr. Microscope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta ask. How are you supplementing Ca/Alk? If you're using 2 part, how much do you go through in a day? I can't imagine how much that must be pulling out of the water.

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a calcium reactor and a kalk stirrer that seems to be doing the job...I'm not adding anything extra..

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%

Back