OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 blue leds and 5 white ones. I lifted the lid up much higher to lower the intensity. Should I turn off the whites until I can get the driver working?

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this. I have some very happy new snails. They're chowing down on the algae like there's no tomorrow.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it was before the 92 degree temp spike last summer that wiped everything out.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1427143350.954964.jpg

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 blue leds and 5 white ones. I lifted the lid up much higher to lower the intensity. Should I turn off the whites until I can get the driver working?
What type of leds are they and from what company ? I`m looking to an upgrade to my jbj 12 gal nano ,by adding a GFO reactor and the new Prime led from AI . Want to see the reviews first .

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A change in meeting date .It will be Wednesday the 25th .Good luck with the clowns .they look good and happy . the star fish should do good I had one ,reefsafe .

Cool. I have a Typhon driver to install which will give me precise control of the lights. I just ordered the enclosure for it and a new surge protector which will allow for further upgrades. The clowns are adorable. The tiniest ones I've ever had. So far so good. I've had the whites on since 3. I'll turn them off at 6. Once the driver is installed I can gradually turn them on/off. I'm starting to get excited again about my tank!

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of leds are they and from what company ? I`m looking to an upgrade to my jbj 12 gal nano ,by adding a GFO reactor and the new Prime led from AI . Want to see the reviews first .

Steve's LEDs retrofit upgrade for 12g nano. I've had them a few years and am very happy. They fit in the existing lid and are easy to install. I recommend getting them 'plug and play', which requires no soldering and I think I paid $65 extra, which was totally worth it. I got the Typhon driver free in a promotion but I think it's only $30. You can buy a 'plug and play' cable for it that requires no soldering. You can also get an enclosure case for the driver which I recommend, as it totally seals the driver. It's about $28. I think I paid only a little more than $300 for everything. Great quality. I thing the site is shopstevesleds.com.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Extreme SPS version. I'll check on the type of lights.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure this is what I have:
9- Royal Blue Luxeon ES 3 watt LEDs

5- 5,000K Neutral White Luxeon ES 3 watt LEDs

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.k, Once you have your tank lights working and stable . Like I said I have enough stuff to stock your tank . I have tons of purple mushrooms ,leathercorals ,birdsnest and other frags I can give you . I gave a lot to my LFS so he`s stocked up already .I got to make room for more SPS Frags :).

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.k, Once you have your tank lights working and stable . Like I said I have enough stuff to stock your tank . I have tons of purple mushrooms ,leathercorals ,birdsnest and other frags I can give you . I gave a lot to my LFS so he`s stocked up already .I got to make room for more SPS Frags :).

That is so very nice!! Thank you.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about mounting the lid above the tank so I can add some more stuff in the sump. I'm thinking maybe a skimmer and an ATO if I'm going to keep any SPS.

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skimmer on my 12 gal ,which is a waste . it`s easier to do a 2 gal WC . My skimmer never worked that well . I`m thinking of taking the rim off and making it rim less . I watched some of the u-tube upgrades for the 29 gal bio -cube so I will use some of those Ideas . No sure when I will do that project but hope to start it next month . Today I`m programing my new toy DM165P+ for the 29gal tank :)

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skimmer on my 12 gal ,which is a waste . it`s easier to do a 2 gal WC . My skimmer never worked that well . I`m thinking of taking the rim off and making it rim less . I watched some of the u-tube upgrades for the 29 gal bio -cube so I will use some of those Ideas . No sure when I will do that project but hope to start it next month . Today I`m programing my new toy DM165P+ for the 29gal tank :)

What is that? A controller?

miamiangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it`s the Led Light for Reef Radiance Got it for a great price . They are one of the Vendors on R2R

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here's what's in the works. I'm waiting to receive an improved surge protector with more outlets for later upgrades. I also ordered a waterproof cover for my Typhon driver so I can install it to control my leds. Also on the way are a TDS and ph monitor.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back