Hello from New Jersey!

JerseyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Long time lurker here, even longer time reefer. Started in the hobby 20+ years ago with a 60gal, took a small hiatus and now have had a stable 29gal Biocube running for a little over 10 years. Ill get around to post a build thread but fairly simple setup - swapped the stock filtration for InTank Media Basket / Refuge. Swapped stock pump with a Sicce Syncra, run a UV sterilizer, and swapped stock lighting with NanoBox Retrofit / Bluefish controller. Have a single Koralia wave pump for some extra circulation. The tank's a beast - been through two moves, a whole house renovation, and still going strong.

Starting to plan out a bigger build, but that's in its infancy and I'm sure ill be poking my head around here and there for advice.

What actually got me to join the community is the NanoBox lighting - I see a few members here are making replacement boards. After years of great success, I'm having some issues with mine and will look to reach out. Awesome to see people keeping them alive.

Nice to meet you all!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Long time lurker here, even longer time reefer. Started in the hobby 20+ years ago with a 60gal, took a small hiatus and now have had a stable 29gal Biocube running for a little over 10 years. Ill get around to post a build thread but fairly simple setup - swapped the stock filtration for InTank Media Basket / Refuge. Swapped stock pump with a Sicce Syncra, run a UV sterilizer, and swapped stock lighting with NanoBox Retrofit / Bluefish controller. Have a single Koralia wave pump for some extra circulation. The tank's a beast - been through two moves, a whole house renovation, and still going strong.

Starting to plan out a bigger build, but that's in its infancy and I'm sure ill be poking my head around here and there for advice.

What actually got me to join the community is the NanoBox lighting - I see a few members here are making replacement boards. After years of great success, I'm having some issues with mine and will look to reach out. Awesome to see people keeping them alive.

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to R2R!! You are in the right place for sure. There are some very knowledgeable people here more than willing to help out.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back