How to tell if your aquarium sucks ("What did you just say, Fellman?")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chpaige

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with it 100% and especially like the sharing part! Some people don't understand, what your putting in your tank today, may become extinct in the near future, share! They may not have $500 rares, however they may be doing the best they can on their budget, and later on down the road that friendship will be worth more than any 2 in frag...

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Scott. I'm curious, are you suggesting the first aquarium pictured is imitating Steve's reef?

The first picture is a reef by ADG's Jeff Senske.. The second shot is of Steve Weast's old tank...Both awesome, but in different ways.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with it 100% and especially like the sharing part! Some people don't understand, what your putting in your tank today, may become extinct in the near future, share! They may not have $500 rares, however they may be doing the best they can on their budget, and later on down the road that friendship will be worth more than any 2 in frag...

Well said!

Tsunami350z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture is a reef by ADG's Jeff Senske.. The second shot is of Steve Weast's old tank...Both awesome, but in different ways.

Ok, thanks, I'm glad you like it. I wanted to make sure you were not suggesting that the ADG reef was meant to imitate Steve's old reef.

Just a bit of background on this tank actually.

The photo is by Jeff Senske. He has developed an awesome talent for aquarium photography, second only to his talents aqua scaping live planted aquaria and freshwater hardscapes. I had the privilege of working with him and his brother Mike Senske from 2000-2008.

The reef design and maintenance was done by me, for a private client while I worked for ADG in the early 2000s. I had general creative control over the project, but the client did have some specific input as to coral selection and fish selection. This aquarium was actually on the 50th(penthouse) floor of an office building in downtown. The CEO had a separate fish only aquarium of the same size in his executive office. Jeff has photos of those up on ADGs website as well.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks, I'm glad you like it. I wanted to make sure you were not suggesting that the ADG reef was meant to imitate Steve's old reef.

Just a bit of background on this tank actually.

The photo is by Jeff Senske. He has developed an awesome talent for aquarium photography, second only to his talents aqua scaping live planted aquaria and freshwater hardscapes. I had the privilege of working with him and his brother Mike Senske from 2000-2008.

The reef design and maintenance was done by me, for a private client while I worked for ADG in the early 2000s. I had general creative control over the project, but the client did have some specific input as to coral selection and fish selection. This aquarium was actually on the 50th(penthouse) floor of an office building in downtown. The CEO had a separate fish only aquarium of the same size in his executive office. Jeff has photos of those up on ADGs website as well.

Sweet! Love the Senske's work. It influences every aquascape that I do, including my FW one in my office:

Jeff's:

0ee67046e6d1402b95fa2ac8b4c4a81a.jpg

Mine:

photo-40.jpg

In fact, my personal aquascaping coach, Johnny Ciotti, is an ADG alumni...Taught me a ton.

All good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Scott

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back