I spent $800 and all i got was an $11.04 PVC pipe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that UPS and the rest of the delivery drivers are getting VERY LAZY. They seem to be marking a lot of my packages delivered and then not bothering to actually deliver the package until the next day. Plus they never ring the doorbell or even knock when they deliver any more. Dont get me started on usps...those guys are the worst.

Not if you lived on my Route,,, every piece,,, everyday ,,, USPS,,, 39 years of service,,, customer service is everything ,,,

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a lot of other people not been getting their packages due to delays? Mine was supposed to come last Thursday and it still hasn't arrived.
One of my first orders on 11/18 came last night! Everything else was on time but that one came to Chicago then spent a week in Texas and then another week or so to come back here o_O

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps Black Friday outperformed UPS expectations this year! I've had a few delays, personally, from sites I shopped over BF but with all the deals I scored I'm still pretty happy. :D
That will teach you to buy from Marine Depot :)

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had several large shipments and UPS screwed up two of them. They even delivered a box that was ripped in half. UPS was terrible but BRS dealt with them and fixed everything for me seamlessly. In case anyone wasn't aware BRS price matches. I'll always order from them.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had several large shipments and UPS screwed up two of them. They even delivered a box that was ripped in half. UPS was terrible but BRS dealt with them and fixed everything for me seamlessly. In case anyone wasn't aware BRS price matches. I'll always order from them.
Selection, prices, customer service, awesome videos- BRS is my go to source for my reef.

OP
OP
Newb73

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot is my go-to for aquamaxx skimmers and shark pumps of course.

Now that i know BRS carries every small tiny part youll ever need to service a skimz....i find myself recommending them to other people.

I suspect if you prefer a sicce or Varios pump you can reteofit a skimz with a bit of plumbing supplies and 5 minutes of time later.

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 4 months I've blown about 3K to get my first reef tank going. I spent about 2K at BRS and overall they are great. However, I'm pretty unhappy and demoralized about the pukani I've been trying to buy from them.

First, I've got a 50G plexi tank and so I'm limited as to the dimension of rock I can (easily) fit into it. Basically I have 7x13 in openings on the top things need to fit through. Tough I know..

Here is my experience:

1. Purchase 35lbs of pukani: I get one giant hunk of rock! So this is my bad. I didn't read their website carefully. You can leave comments in your order about what you need. So I go out and buy some chisels and attempt to make some long pieces (I have 20inches of elevation in the tank - wanted a couple pieces that are long and tall, 15 inches after trimming) but I wound up making a pile of rubble.

2. I reorder 10lbs and add notes: "Please one or more long pieces (I have 20in vertical space) that will fit through a 7x13in plexiglass hole on the top of my 55G tank. I'm looking for Elevation as the last order was one 35lb block I hacked to bits trying to get pieces which would fit through - my bad, I should have mentioned that, now I know. Just something I can work with with some character, I understand I'll still probably need to trim. - thanks!" They send me what appears to be a perfect piece but it's not pukani. Super clean, heavy and hard as concrete. I can't cut the bottom off with my hack saw. I think it's reef saver or something.

3. Before I realize there is a mistake I order another batch of 15lbs: "Please one or more long pieces (I have 20in vertical space and already a lot of rock that doesn't stand up) that will fit through a 7x13in plexiglass hole on the top of my 55G tank. I'm looking for Elevation. I'd like to trim the bottom so it's flat as shown in your utube videos. That last 10lb piece was great thanks! Added 5lbs this time to see if I can get something a bit longer. I realize I may need to trim it a bit to fit through the hole." They send me a reasonable piece but it's not long and I had to hack saw it into 3 pieces to make it fit. I plan to sandwich them together and hide the seams with some putty. I still don't have much elevation but order #2 covers that (or so I think). I go to saw off a flat bottom and realize the mistake and am bummed. I still have no vertical space.

In one of the forums a BRS poster had told another customer to call customer service and that they'd patch him through to the warehouse where someone would walk him through what pukani is in stock over the phone. So I do this in order to fix order #2:

4. This is a week ago and still the holidays so I'm not surprised I'm on hold behind 7 people and it takes 59 minutes to get someone on the phone. I explain that they didn't send me 10lbs of pukani but some other rock. CS person was mostly helpful - said I didn't have to return the wrong order and they'd resend. I then ask to speak to someone in the warehouse to see what is in stock. He seemed surprised and said, "No we never do that". I told him I've seen BRS people posting in these forums that, "They do in fact do that." but he wouldn't let me. I explained I'm looking for 1-2 LONG pukani rocks to get some elevation and detailed the dimensions I need just like in the order quotes above. I said a long 20 incher would be perfect. He said not to worry, that he was taking, "Very good notes". dangit, they send me 10 small pukani rocks. Basically like the rubble I already have.

So I'm sitting here pretty unhappy. I was hoping to get some rock and water in this empty tank I've had sitting in my living room for the past 4 months by mid-Feb. I had a bit of time off due to the holidays but I start work again in 2 days and will have next to no time for the next 6 months. So my plan to bleach and acid bath this rock over the holiday is screwed because I don't have the rock I want.

I'm guessing someone is going to say: "Pukani never comes in that sort of shape, you should have used something else" or something similar. My answer would be (1) They had ample opportunity to warn me and (2) I seriously doubt they 'never' get a piece that is broken close enough to trim down. (I would have even waited for something like that to show up if I could have spoken to someone who works with the rocks!)

At any rate, if you have a plexi tank you might consider not purchasing pukani from BRS if you're looking for what I've described. Overall I like BRS but man, rock is so important to the look of the tank and this is not what I was after.

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I wish I could edit or delete the post I made above. (If anyone knows how please PM me) BRS CS came through with a beautiful piece of rock which is much nicer than what I'd hoped for originally!!!

Since I can't do that let me counter balance with a nice story:

I bought a COM-100 about 6 months ago and after google searching bought the cheapest I could find (saved maybe $15). I didn't work right and the 342/1000ppm calibration solutions seemed off too. So I bought another one from another cheaper source plus 2 more bottles of calibration solution. Still no luck.

So after strike-2 I bought a 3rd meter and new solutions from BRS. BRS was right on the money out of the box. I was also able to use it to show the former HM digital solutions I'd purchased elsewhere (and meters) were not working properly and not at the correct concentration.

Moral of the story: I buy my stuff from BRS now.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back