OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my transformation Tuesday! this tank is a little over a month old.

also, updated FTS.

my anemone split:) pictures to come when they both heal!

currently feeling like I'm dying, either the flu or some paly toxin from work.....):

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's one of the new nems! they're doing well!

image.jpg

I accidentally ripped ones foot, and I assumed that the extra tissue would just die off. well, it's now moving around the tank! I wonder if it will survive!

image.jpg

I've had problems with my astrena stars attacking my new zoanthid frags that were still healing from being removed from plugs and glued down. I assume the stress of the coral was attracting the stars, as I've never had a problem with them eating coral. so back to the frag tank they go until fully healed!

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: stand and vortech mp10 have arrived! love them both!

Also, the tissue from the ripped foot is still moving around and alive!

I moved corals around a little after adding the vortech, so a new FTS will be updated as soon as they're happy again.

I have found the scooter blennys forever home! a 150gal sump at my friends house! :) can't wait to get him there.

3 sexy shrimp have been added! they're doing wonderful. pictures below.

Lastly, I ordered the Nano Box Tide! Will be here in a little over a week!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

this is why I had to move some things around, more flow induced more polyp extension, and apparently my torch doesn't like my hammer!

image.jpg

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! The new light finally came!

mr. scooter blenny is in his new home and is loving it!

image.jpg

top down:
image.jpg

bottom half:
image.jpg

I'm really excited for this light as I've been losing colors in my zoanthids so much. They're open and growing, but just bleached and fading. I hope this light produces some great results!

I've decided on the sump im using... the deep blue pro rimless 12x12x12. I found a protein skimmer that has a smaller footprint than the bubble magus curve 5, the SC301. I've read good reviews but does anyone else have experience with these skimmers? I've also decided to get the Innovative Marine Desktop reactor. Although it'll take up more room in the sump, it's more well made than the two little fishes reactor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 444
OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some coral pics!

utter chaos:
image1.jpg

AOG, blue agave, and twizzlers
image2.jpg

cb rainbow infusions, next to a purple haze monti:
image3.jpg

question! the part of the polyp that is turning purple is getting larger. what is going on? ): one of my favorites!

one of the anemones:
image4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE! UPDATE! :D

Attended the Michigan Coral & Expo and had a wonderful time! I worked Preuss's table and we gave out a ton of stuff. It was awesome to see all my reef friends, what a great experience! If you are in Michigan i would 100% recommend attending this.

Now after the swap, my tank is full! I know everyone says this, but i'd like to be done with coral, and just finish my invert stocking and my rock flower garden.

Review of the Nano Box Tide and Controller:

The light is great, and bright! I am still acclimating my tank to it....only 60% right now. Corals are responding great to it! Color is coming back. The programming is is a problem, I am by no means technologically diffident, and I read both threads about programming this light and it still took me forever to figure out, and even after e-mailing Dave, I simply just received links to the threads that I specified that i had already read. I have the settings dialed in, I just can't seem to figure out how to "start" the program. (as in, if i program it at 3pm, the light needs to turn on and resume to the cycle and the levels it would be at 3pm). Everything else is great!

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

FullSizeRender copy.jpg

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update!

yellow corkscrew is doing awesome! he's fuzzier than I ever thought he would be. the orange one still had no polyp extension, so I moved him with no luck, and just moved him tonight to intertwine with the yellow one. I've been feeding them Rod's food every other day with the pumps off.

I am successfully keeping my first acro! woo! so a few acro frags to come this week :)

clam is doing amazing, one of my favorites now.

my coco worm lost all of its feathers during a random nitrate spike, and I thought it was a goner. well, he's re growing his feathers! they're already a half inch long after a week. how cool to see him grow back :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426047428.137430.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426047436.653987.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426047445.005213.jpg

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sump is in the mail! picked up the doser today. trying to get this build done before summer comes around when I need to focus on my car. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426551110.142801.jpg

OP
OP
rosieosieee

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sump is almost finished! doser is working, protein skimmer is skimming, macro algae is growing!

just need to get the IM desktop reactor, new lights for the fuge, and one more type of macro algae.

the tank is jam packed after the Ann Arbor swap, lots of new awesome inverts! now that it is so packed im actually re-doing my entire rock scape now that I have the sump to rely on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back