iReef86's 250g Deep Dimension

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask are you trying g to beat Andy 's thread for the most posts without even having water in your tank. Come on already 11 pages and no water yet. No one likes a tease!

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking nice, what skimmer will you be using?

Thanks Luke! Got it under the tank last night! Plan on starting with my SRO-2000.

I will probably order a 3000 or even a 5000 in the near future unless something fantastic falls into my lap!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427975274.470910.jpg

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1427975603570.jpg

This one was almost for sale till my wife called me stupid and told me to order the new tank. Instead of getting out. Think it would have been a drag race to get to my house if I did sell it. Lol

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask are you trying g to beat Andy 's thread for the most posts without even having water in your tank. Come on already 11 pages and no water yet. No one likes a tease!

Haha No!l No one could ever beat, Andy! He's the Reef Teaser!

I only see 6 pages... And for the hobby that happens slow, we sure do like to rush each other.

To get water in tank:

1. I have to check/reinforce the floor in the living room.
2. Paint atleast the wall the tank sits on.
3. Sand and salt have been ordered, details to follow....
4. Probably going to run a dedicated circuit.
5. Need to make 325g of water. After moving my RO/DI Station.
6. PLUMBING! can't forget that!

And probably a few other things!

Just ordered my blue chrome clown! Enjoy! [emoji12]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427975821.216214.jpg

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol on Tapatalk it shows 11 pages. Also I have a bunch of clean brute trash cans I am making my water in right now if you need to borrow them for the initial fill. Just let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A few! Thank you for asking!

Room got painted "Lighthouse Shadow".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428458250.260560.jpg

Got rid of that old tube TV, LED TV on the way to replace it!

Ordered $200 worth of plumbing parts to run fresh and salt water under the house from garage to living room, to eliminate buckets!!

Remaining of plumbing for tank and sump arrived, just need to put it together and leak test.

Climbed under the house to see what I had to reinforce, lucky for me there is a cinder block wall under the tank! Talk about Lucky!!!

Going to build the canopy in the next 2 weeks!

Did I mention I ordered 8 bags of sand and 300g worth of Brightwell salt?

Bassett22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dump a cup of water in the tank already so its atleast wet! Im new around here, but I have the same tank, Im running 2 6105s and Im about to add 2 6095s as soon as they get here. These pumps are strong! I hope you got large grain sand. What are you going to light it with?

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1427975603570.jpg

This one was almost for sale till my wife called me stupid and told me to order the new tank. Instead of getting out. Think it would have been a drag race to get to my house if I did sell it. Lol
I missed this post somehow.... I would totally have considered buying it from you. I would even consider buying it new, I just cant fathom paying more for a skimmer than my display tank. Another reason I made a custom sump! Since when does a sump cost more than a main display of this magnitude?

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do know that atb - usa is now local to us now. Paul Dubios took it over from chad. Check out the new build thread I put up btw. In club cube section "Deep Blue 60 gal cube build"

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dump a cup of water in the tank already so its atleast wet! Im new around here, but I have the same tank, Im running 2 6105s and Im about to add 2 6095s as soon as they get here. These pumps are strong! I hope you got large grain sand. What are you going to light it with?
Ok! ok! Between you and Bobby @falconer, I have to do something! Ill put sand and water in it already! Give me til Friday! I got the traditional figi pink sand. Not super large but definitely not sugar grains! I do have a controller that I can program with exact percentages, I plan to run them at lowest 25% and highest 75%. And a storm mode 1-2 times per week to move some detritus. I had one before and it did push some water, so I am prepared for the power of 3. I am an Acroholic, so flow is a for sure a necessity that I wont be skimping on. Do you have a build thread or pictures of your set up? Id love to check it out. I almost forgot the lighting question. Starting it up with my 2x250w MH and 8 T5HO Bulbs, 4 in the front, 4 in the back.

Last edited:

Bassett22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry Bobby, but no! Baby girl got sick. We got rear ended on our way home from the beach last weekend. And catching up on house chores! I did manage to get the salt and sand to the new house, as well as the plumbing parts for my top off system (DETAILS TO FOLLOW: Going bucket free!!!). Last night I did manage to clean out part of the garage to finish up the stand façade and build the canopy. So I guess I have done a few things!

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back