Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Bobby, but no! Baby girl got sick. We got rear ended on our way home from the beach last weekend. And catching up on house chores! I did manage to get the salt and sand to the new house, as well as the plumbing parts for my top off system (DETAILS TO FOLLOW: Going bucket free!!!). Last night I did manage to clean out part of the garage to finish up the stand façade and build the canopy. So I guess I have done a few things!
Man so sorry to hear your daughter was or is sick and hopefully the damage to the car wasn't too bad. Bucket free huh? Very interesting! Can't wait to see where that goes.

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man so sorry to hear your daughter was or is sick and hopefully the damage to the car wasn't too bad. Bucket free huh? Very interesting! Can't wait to see where that goes.

So apparently it's easy for baby girls to get UTIs? And at the same time she gets an upper respiratory infection and ear infection!

Car damage was fortunately about a $1,000. Going in the first week in May to get fixed. Mostly cosmetics.

Bucket free = running 2x 1/2" hoses from water vats in garage to tank/sump via crawl space by 2x MJ1200 pumps. Water will be pumped to fill up ATO as well as conduct water changes. Ball valves to control interior flow. It's 95% lateral and 3' of vertical movement.

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be super nice when you get everything finished. Good job on everything so far. Btw I have 2 daughters so understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am going to try and do a cookout this summer just for a few of us local people, families included of course. Don't want to do a meet because I can't stand 75% of the people in our local club so it will just be a few I will keep you updated.

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be super nice when you get everything finished. Good job on everything so far. Btw I have 2 daughters so understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am going to try and do a cookout this summer just for a few of us local people, families included of course. Don't want to do a meet because I can't stand 75% of the people in our local club so it will just be a few I will keep you updated.
I hope so! Thank you! I too, wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the world. She is my world! And I know what you mean about our local club... bunch of weirdo goofy nerds that think its cool to jack up prices on what is supposed to be a communal gathering. <-- That's about as far as my rant goes. Anytime there is food and good people, you can expect to find us there! Thank you for the invite! :D

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming right along! A lot faster than my build:)
Thanks, Andy! Anyone can beat your thread for getting wet! It only took 9 months to get the tank, 3 for your sump, and 2 for H20. haha Just kidding!!! :) I do hope to have a fresh water test by the end of the week! Cross your fingers! :D :D :D :D

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! Well worth the wait though. Can't wait to check out the finished product!

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making progress!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430371878.984319.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430371857.501884.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430371901.872321.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430371918.742092.jpg

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good sir! Can't wait to see this filled with corals. Any ideas on fish stocking yet?

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good sir! Can't wait to see this filled with corals. Any ideas on fish stocking yet?

Thank you! Need to probably get new lighting and bigger skimmer before it gets stocked, but my Fish wish list so far...

One tang that gets a little larger: Sohal Tang (Acanthurus sohal) or a Vlamingi (Naso vlamingii) or a Clown Tang (Acanthurus lineatus) or a Unicorn Tang (Naso unicornis)

Purple Tang (Zebrasoma xanthurum)
Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon meleagris)
Yellow Coris (Halichoeres chrysus)

Probably a few more, just a few gotta haves!

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a sohal one day but everyone I have seen has been mean. Beautiful fish though

OP
OP
iReef86

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming right along! Nice fish list.

Thanks Andy! Hit a slow motion button on this thread, a few extenuating circumstances: sick baby, work traveling wifey, moved the 120g out of our old house, painting the new house etc.

Picked up the house jacks, 6x6, and concrete blocks to reinforce the floor. Selected the color and bought the paint for the stand and canopy!! Decided the moulding plan for said stand and canopy!

More details to come!

Back