It's BACK-and BROWNER than ever! Unique Corals' "Turn Your Brown Corals into Gold" Contest! V3.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora Turd. Otherwise known as the Miyagi Tort.
20150111_103042.jpg

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Here is my "rare branching green Psamacora" that I bought in a package maybe 10 monthes ago. When I got him he was a nice green, but over a few monthes turned a nice brownish color that blends in well with the rock. I guess it confused my RBTA because it decided it would plant itself on the coral for a few weeks. I acquired him in a package I bought from a friend, that told me he would be willing to trade it out for something else, since I wasn't really into SPS yet. But I guess the color change changed his mind lol. Now I'm trying it under new lighting, but no change yet.
Gorgeous...

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strong filed this contest...Looking forward to seeing even more entries...Everyone really had to "down their game" this time around, as one of my fellow judges put it! Impressive...

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my brown chocolate cake, I mean strawberry shortcake . sorry had to cut off the rest of pic in paint wasn't sure how to just have the picture after I zoomed in and cut it out

Attachments

• brown ssc.png
    brown ssc.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 319

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what macro this is, but I like the pic (despite the iPhone quality, errr un-quality) because at the very tip you can see some color. I think that's why we keep these wonderful brown corals, they tease us with either what they were or what they could be. This particular one was a birthday gift from my daughter, and just look how it's happily encrusting on the rock and well, looking just awful.
IMG_5556.JPG

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Here is my "rare branching green Psamacora" that I bought in a package maybe 10 monthes ago. When I got him he was a nice green, but over a few monthes turned a nice brownish color that blends in well with the rock. I guess it confused my RBTA because it decided it would plant itself on the coral for a few weeks. I acquired him in a package I bought from a friend, that told me he would be willing to trade it out for something else, since I wasn't really into SPS yet. But I guess the color change changed his mind lol. Now I'm trying it under new lighting, but no change yet.
I found mine like less flow and low-med to high light. Higher flow or low light he turns brown.
Here is a pic of mine a little while back. Yours has my vote so far.
image.jpg

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys need some UV leds perhaps? I'm assuming you are maintaining low nutrients. What could cause this?

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys need some UV leds perhaps? I'm assuming you are maintaining low nutrients. What could cause this?

Once in a while you will get that one coral that will not color up while the rest of the tank is more neon then the Vegas strip.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once in a while you will get that one coral that will not color up while the rest of the tank is more neon then the Vegas strip.

With that in mind, I am truly impressed!

Havok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that looks happy with almost great PE... but Golden to look at for now ....
There is a little story behind it.. I did a 2nd round dip on some corals that I thought might have some bugs. This one happen to have a bit of bad luck, I took it out of the tank and set to the side while I took the dipped coral out and put it in the tank. Then there was a knock at the door the Rest is GOLDEN I should say. It was left out of water for a bit too long!
2015-07-15 21.32.49.jpg

Last edited:

CLR48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tri color valadia colony, on the top
Snapchat-7591643452060781599-1.jpg

And here are my two single colored valadia frags off it.
20150601_213009.jpg

CLR48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be 1 year, in august, since the have been cut the have fully encrusted the plug, bit no upward growth.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be 1 year, in august, since the have been cut the have fully encrusted the plug, bit no upward growth.
Apparently you've made a solid case to prove that "..the apple DOES fall far from the tree", as they say...er, um...I think they say that..

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back