It's not a matter of will you ever go to bed and forget to shut your RO/DI unit off it's just when

Rydogg420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this in my old house in the basement with concrete floors. No big deal. Then I moved into an apartment and did this. Needless to say. The guy below called the landlord and said his ceiling was wet. That was bad. It ruined all the tiles in my hallway, carpet and the down stairs guys ceiling.. I blamed it on my toilet so I didn't have to pay damages. It was such a mess. I felt bad, but I couldn't risk getting in trouble and have to pay. I learned my lesson and bought a auto shut off. If anyone buys a 200 dollar RO and not a 25 dollar auto Shut off, well your asking for it and will cost you big time.

Dwb5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to love it when your wife wakes you up in the morning saying. You flooded the laundry room again.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL i read the title and laughed, i think its happened to all of us. My auto shut off is goofy on mine and doesnt always work. Luckily my water containers are in the garage so it gets a nice rinse every once in a while.

saltysilverado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9b929e146bc55350b3454efa54f6b570.jpg
I've filled up and then forgot while helping customers lol

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My downstairs neighbor has Gotten a new Sheetrock ceiling mutiple times because of me. I always forget always.

OP
OP
Jej34

Jej34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my week!

So today I come home to a house that smells like an electrical fire!
In my everlasting battle to have a quiet overflow box, I took out my hoffer gurgle buster that helped but was not a good solution and made a durso pipe that completely quieted the overflow. I was astounded for these 5 days until I find the reason for the electrical smell. A snail got into the durso elbow, overflow slowed and the ATO said " I got this"
DT overflowed about a quarter, right on my refugium timer and shorted it!

Why do we do this????

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The garden hose timer and 2nd membrane are the 2 best things I've done to my rodi. Your going to have enough unforseen problems, don't let rodi be one of them.

IMG_20161002_131749.jpg

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The garden hose timer and 2nd membrane are the 2 best things I've done to my rodi. Your going to have enough unforseen problems, don't let rodi be one of them.

IMG_20161002_131749.jpg
I've though about putting one of those electric solenoids on it, but I though you had to have a booster pump? The timer is nice, and relatively inexpensive, but I'd hate to think I had a full barrel of rodi water and then go to mix and come up short.

Anyone put a solenoid on without a booster pump?

Kyuss414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh I don't think I ever had a dry floor when I used the RO/DI before putting float valves in the top off container and the mixing container (auto-shutoff valve came with the ro/di kit originally.) Now when I need to fill something I can turn it on before bed with a couple valves. I always run it off after the RO membrane, before the DI, for a few minutes to avoid that initial TDS spike going thru the DI. Then let it run overnight to fill whichever container (or both) and then backflush and actually shut it down via little ball valves in the morning when it's pegged the float-valve in the container(s).

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've though about putting one of those electric solenoids on it, but I though you had to have a booster pump? The timer is nice, and relatively inexpensive, but I'd hate to think I had a full barrel of rodi water and then go to mix and come up short.

Anyone put a solenoid on without a booster pump?
For 2 membranes prob a booster pump. Most membrane need 60-65 psi. The timer is just one more cheap security blanket.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back