Jamie's 13G Custom

slakker187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet build! i like the outside wavebox, ive been talking about doing that for about two years. i finally have the tank i want to set up and im going to be doing the exact same thing. i was curious though, how come you didnt add "teeth" to the black acrylic where the overflow is instead of leaving it wide open? also, i was wondering if you could tell me what cutting disk you used to cut the straight edges on the tank as i am planning on doing some heavy modding on my own 140g? thanks in advance and keep up the nice work. :lol:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow epic build!! Keep it coming!!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build!! I'm tagging along!! :)

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the most methodical amazing tanks I have ever seen, and its ONLY a 13G LOVE it.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has got to be the most incredible nano build I have seen online in about 10 years!!! Great Job! Excuse me if you posted this already, but did you copy the dimensions of the Tunze wave box exactly? Did you use a bulk head and how did you get the pump to fit? Thanks

SaltCube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Another fellow Canadian with skills. But wow great job man.

Clone1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing step by step visuals and break down. Keep up the hard work and motivation. I'm going to setup a 12 gal long from Mr. Aqua for my son. Can't wait to setup and do a step by step pics and explaination. Time consuming but worth doing it for the hobbie. Saw some of the glass cutting tools you had on there that did the rounding on the glass if you can please put that in where or what website you picked it up? Thanks a keep on tanking. .

OP
OP
blueworld

blueworld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!!! Im so sorry for being away the last few days. Not only do I work up north and have limited time back at home but so does my beautiful girlfriend. Our days off lined up and that meant that you guys had to wait patiently for my return haha but I'm here now so let me get back to all of you. You'll have to bare with me because I'm going to try and answer the questions as well as post up more on the tank and get into some of the questions with more detail too!! so hold on here we go!

OP
OP
blueworld

blueworld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass Tools

... Also, what were you using to cut the glass after the hole saws on the overflow? Just a dremel to cut and polish the edges? What disc are you using. Thanks for contributing and inspiring us all!

Amazing step by step visuals and break down. Keep up the hard work and motivation. I'm going to setup a 12 gal long from Mr. Aqua for my son. Can't wait to setup and do a step by step pics and explaination. Time consuming but worth doing it for the hobbie. Saw some of the glass cutting tools you had on there that did the rounding on the glass if you can please put that in where or what website you picked it up? Thanks a keep on tanking. .

... also, i was wondering if you could tell me what cutting disk you used to cut the straight edges on the tank as i am planning on doing some heavy modding on my own 140g? thanks in advance and keep up the nice work. :lol:

Thanks for asking guys! Yes I was just using a standard Dremel 4000 with a Diamond Cutting wheel on their EZ-Lock bit. I used the hole saw bits in the corners to give them a nice rounded looked over the traditional squared off corners, but that was only for astetics. I also did the same with the baffles in the sump

OP
OP
blueworld

blueworld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cords

holy crap the plumbing and cord management is amazing...

Amazing! Great job. I was wondering what the white offset wire extensions were called and where you picked them up? ...

Very nice..
Where did you get the white outlet savers like that?

The cords I finally decided to use are 6" 90 degree rotating outlet adapters, I can't recall where i got them from but a quick google should bring you lots of place for them!! I had to "trim" the one that goes on the second from the left when plugged into the EB8 simply because of the spacing Neptune Systems used when they designed the box for the Apex but other then that they worked perfectly

DSCF5332.jpg

tlove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could enjoy simply watching the build, without any fish or corals, awesome !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back