JBJ AIO 45 Gallon Rimless Input..

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we started in the hobby a few months ago I originally converted our old 29 gallon and equipment.
My tank is solely for a small sized peacock mantis shrimp. I do not plan to add anything else other than him and no corals.
We’ve had him a few months and knew we would eventually want to upgrade but last night so saw there is a really good deal on a used JBJ rimless 45 gallon local to me and I am thinking of upgrading my mantis already to it.
Does anyone have this tank and hate it or have problems with it? It seems like that despite being a AIO there is still some decent modifications you can do.
Any and all opinions welcome!

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we started in the hobby a few months ago I originally converted our old 29 gallon and equipment.
My tank is solely for a small sized peacock mantis shrimp. I do not plan to add anything else other than him and no corals.
We’ve had him a few months and knew we would eventually want to upgrade but last night so saw there is a really good deal on a used JBJ rimless 45 gallon local to me and I am thinking of upgrading my mantis already to it.
Does anyone have this tank and hate it or have problems with it? It seems like that despite being a AIO there is still some decent modifications you can do.
Any and all opinions welcome!
I have a 65g jbj aio and I like it. The glass does chip easily so be careful when moving it. If it doesnt come with a mat, make sure to put one underneath it so it doesnt sit unevenly. Some people on here have upgraded the return pumps in their jbj. I'm still running whatever came in mine (I also got mine used). I do like the simplicity of the AIO but does make it tricky if you want to add a refugium. Happy reefing!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an AiO guy. I have an IM Nuvo 10, an IM Nuvo 30L, a JBJ 65 RFP and I have owned (and sold) a JBJ 45 RFP. The JBJ tanks are actually pretty nice. Very good glass, and plenty of options for customizing and upgrading things.

Things I do to all my tanks... inTank Aquatics media baskets and floss holders, upgraded DC return pumps and VCA Random Flow Generators.

OP
OP
TripFamAZ

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65g jbj aio and I like it. The glass does chip easily so be careful when moving it. If it doesnt come with a mat, make sure to put one underneath it so it doesnt sit unevenly. Some people on here have upgraded the return pumps in their jbj. I'm still running whatever came in mine (I also got mine used). I do like the simplicity of the AIO but does make it tricky if you want to add a refugium. Happy reefing!
Thank you!!
We picked it up last night..
It did come with the mat so it that’s a great tip,
Did you upgrade your hardware in yours at all?
I watched a YouTube video of some upgrades on a 45 that seemed like a good start.
I won’t have a lot of livestock in it but want to make sure I’m still getting the best flow and coverage possible.
I am an AiO guy. I have an IM Nuvo 10, an IM Nuvo 30L, a JBJ 65 RFP and I have owned (and sold) a JBJ 45 RFP. The JBJ tanks are actually pretty nice. Very good glass, and plenty of options for customizing and upgrading things.

Things I do to all my tanks... inTank Aquatics media baskets and floss holders, upgraded DC return pumps and VCA Random Flow Generators.

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I did was add in more powerheads -so far. Mostly I'm wanting to add equipment like a Skimmer to the system. For my system I like the filter socks but some people put media baskets but right now I just put media in the other compartments. I'm not the right one to ask about upgrades since I'm pretty much running it stock but as far as the tank goes I like the system!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back