OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pleased to announce my tank is blue clove and xenia free, YEAH!!!!!! Took about 3 days followed by a water change and some new carbon. Works like a charm though, my only casality was my porcelain crab :(, apparently he didn't take to well to it.

franklypre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, do you have SPS in your tank? I've battled with cloves for months and had just about given up. Do you happen to have a FTS or a list of inhabitants, and the brand/type of fluketab. This is the best news I've heard in a while. Oh and what about clams?

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is SPS dominant but I do have chalices and zoanthids. I do not have clams. Im not sure about fluke tab details, I got them from another reefer, they're kinda hard to come by so I took what I could get. Here is a full tank shot, this is when I still had cloves. I havent broke out the camera yet since treatment. If you look to the far left you can see how thick the cloves were in places. They were everywhere. Please do treat at your own risk and be careful but my experience was really painless. I would compare it to using chemiclean for cyano.

PICT0071.jpg

franklypre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will do some research and give up on the toothbrush for a little while. Definately good info and nice tank. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Frank, your very welcome.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea! I wonder if it would work in a prolonged dip or a repeated dip over the course of a few days. I have some isolated frags with cloves on them, and always worry that an infestation is imminent.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a 20 minute dip on a couple rocks as a trial and it worked great but I had to make a pretty strong dose, it was most of a tab in about a gallon of water.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the fluke tabs kill the amphipods and copepods? What about shrimp?

CJ

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol.. good luck. Just remember, life will always find a way. I have an over abundance of blue clove polyps as well. The polyps were introduced to our specimen tanks through a variety of coral donated from another research facility. They were not present at the time, but after a short period of time in our systems, their life cycle boomed as it tends to do. It takes only one stray spore to start an invasive colony. Though a beautiful species to observe, they can be a slight overwhelming in instances where the owners are either unaware of or not prepared for the high growth rates under most any water condition.

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the fluke tabs kill the amphipods and copepods? What about shrimp?

CJ

Not at all in my experience, I just lost my porcelain crab and I think a snail or two. Of all my snails only the Turbos seemed to be effected. I only have one shrimp (fire shrimp) and he's fine.

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it possible to treat the whole tank at once? What's the process and where do I find Fluke Tabs? Iv been battling blue cloves for about 2 years now and they are choking out allmy zoas

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, got a couple friends who have these, and would like to rid there tanks of them. If anyone knows what company to get these from, please, chime in!

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I treated the whole tank, I used two tabs for my 225. They no longer sale fluke tabs in the US but I've heard you can still order them out of Canada.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked like a charm on my 75. The tank is completely clean of blue cloves.

I'm not 100% convinced it needs a 3-4 day treatment so I'm treating my frag tank next for only 24 hours just as an experiment for anyone that wants to attempt this later.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back