Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the FMK on my 180 last night. You can see here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/terrys-180-sps-peninsula-upgrade.218181/page-19

I have a Reeflo Hammerhead/Barracuda hybrid return pump rated for like 4300 GPH. I know with my manifold and plumbing and whatnot that I should expect that to be MUCH lower. However, 300 GPH seems a bit TOO low. I went into the classic dashboard and adjusted the modules. Any ideas:

Apex_zpsiz3hymod.jpg

Apex%20DB_zpszw7vc2vv.jpg

bonesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, I'm running into the exact same issue with the same pump.

I've spoke to both Chris at reeflo and Terrance...still trying to figure it out

bonesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also..yesterday I ran an independent test with the reeflo hammerhead hybrid(removed elbows and other valves & hooked it up to a stock tank I have)....I still can't get the Fs-100 to read more than 850gph :-/

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also..yesterday I ran an independent test with the reeflo hammerhead hybrid(removed elbows and other valves & hooked it up to a stock tank I have)....I still can't get the Fs-100 to read more than 850gph :-/

I am not overly concerned, as I know I am getting plenty of flow to the display tank. I just am curious as to what is going on.

bonesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree,I believe I'm getting more than enough flow...however it would be nice to know exactly how much water I'm pushing into my UV.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one have the 1/2 hooked up to there phosban reactor? Tlf phosban says 20-30 gallons an hour but at that rate the pellets are going crazy. Around 10 gallons an hour is when the pellets are moving a little

Also with carbon it's supposed to be 300 gallons an hour I can't get it above 150 so I don't know

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a TLF Phosban reactor currently at 60gph. I had it up to around 84 gph and only turned it down when my PO4 dropped to the lower side of .06. I will say that I had to remove about half of the GFO that was called for because of the problem you were running in to. I also have a carbon filter hooked up which runs at about 90gph. I would imagine that if you want to get those numbers up you could increase your main pump output and use a ball/gate valve to direct that water into your reactors and not into the display tank.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a TLF Phosban reactor currently at 60gph. I had it up to around 84 gph and only turned it down when my PO4 dropped to the lower side of .06. I will say that I had to remove about half of the GFO that was called for because of the problem you were running in to. I also have a carbon filter hooked up which runs at about 90gph. I would imagine that if you want to get those numbers up you could increase your main pump output and use a ball/gate valve to direct that water into your reactors and not into the display tank.
We're u talking to me?

I have a ball valve gate valve and I get the flow I want but the sensor isn't going higher then 150 gph with the valve fully open.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back