Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS must have gotten some FMK kits in recently, because I got shipping confirmation on mine yesterday. I pre-ordered it on February 26. Almost 2 months ago. I ordered an extra 1" sensor at the same time and got it within a week, but they are no longer in stock. Neptune really underestimated the demand for this stuff.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS must have gotten some FMK kits in recently, because I got shipping confirmation on mine yesterday. I pre-ordered it on February 26. Almost 2 months ago. I ordered an extra 1" sensor at the same time and got it within a week, but they are no longer in stock. Neptune really underestimated the demand for this stuff.
Same here

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5308255d0c9580f07ed41dc5a1242c80.png

30 second google search found 19 in stock

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what would cause flow readings to be higher than what they actually are? I was a little surprised that I was still getting 2,100 gph on my return pump (rated for 2,700) considering the 10+ feet of PVC, the unions/elbows/valves not to mention the feeds to the carbon and phosphate reactor, which at this point where off. When I turned on the carbon reactor that sensor was reading 600 gph but did not look like 600 gph. The same thing happened on the Po4 reactor but the reading was 1,100 gph with the valve barely open. When I tested by measuring how long it took to fill a liter container I arrived at just 39 gph while the FMK showed 1,100. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that port is configured for the right sized flow sensor. Also make sure your Apex AOS and your FMM firmware are up to date.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrance can I put the flow sensors vertical?

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that port is configured for the right sized flow sensor. Also make sure your Apex AOS and your FMM firmware are up to date.
Everything is working beautifully now. The incorrect port size was the issue. Thanks again.

GEP0934

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/christ-of-the-ab
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence have them design electronic control valves. So we can design automatic water changing system or tide tank with mangroves, in order to simulate high and low tide with the APEX!!

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such valves already exist that can be interfaced to the apex. Either off/on or proportional control via 0-5v. However, be ready for the sticker-shock.

Ikserk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence what is the method of cleaning the flow sensors? am I to unscrew the screws around the perimeter of the sensor and clean everything i can get to? or am I left to only cleaning what I can reach through the water inlet/outlet?

I'm trying to decide if i want to put unions on either end of the 1/2" BSP adapters for ease of access to the inlet/outlet.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence what is the method of cleaning the flow sensors? am I to unscrew the screws around the perimeter of the sensor and clean everything i can get to? or am I left to only cleaning what I can reach through the water inlet/outlet?

I'm trying to decide if i want to put unions on either end of the 1/2" BSP adapters for ease of access to the inlet/outlet.
You should NOT disassemble the tops of the flow sensors.

To clean, you can simply remove and rinse out. If evidence of calcification is present, simply set them into a bath of 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water for an hour - but only up to the top of the inlet, no higher. The electronics package on top is splash resistant, but NOT waterproof or submersible.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok @Terence I have updated my apex every module is up to date and says ok in the classic dashboard (I have a classic apex) when I click on the fmk module the sensors do not show up to configure to what size they are.
I went to the probe input and changed the name and made sure they were all enabled but when I go back to the fmk module it still says this
image.jpg
image.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me out and tell me how do i change the name of the flow sensor graph from FLX7_1 to frag tank
I did it thru the classic dashboard rename module tab

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok @Terence I have updated my apex every module is up to date and says ok in the classic dashboard (I have a classic apex) when I click on the fmk module the sensors do not show up to configure to what size they are.
I went to the probe input and changed the name and made sure they were all enabled but when I go back to the fmk module it still says this
image.jpg
image.jpg
@justingraham i hope that's not your password at the top of the monitor.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok anyone else have a problem with there meter showing negative gph? My 1/2 carbon sensor which for the last four days was consitantly at 300 gph is now at -2576

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back