May 2024 POTM LPS colony

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m a noob. I don’t even know how to spell LPS
c90a4fac-1757-44b8-839b-44fd0ec45c51_text.gif

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of torches entered and I went back and forth on entering a torch garden or picture of a lps zone of my tank, or larger LPS colonies, and I decided my hook would be a picture of something rare. Attached is a photo capturing something I’ve never seen before and hope it gets attention due to its uniqueness and beauty.

This is a massive single head Banana Holy Grail, I bought it a year ago as a single 1 head frag. After approx 13-14 months it’s now pinching to form 6-7 heads, but none are fully independent. This is one large almost clover shaped polyp. I took this shot shortly after lights out, as the torch was closing up. For whatever reason I decided to turn my lights back on, saw this and had to capture it.

The torch in its growth and development has created a striped flesh band, as beautiful and unique as the tentacles themselves. The image is stunning and vibrant and I’m proud to share it with everyone.

Taken with iPhone SE using a orange lens filter, under reefbreeders photon v2 lighting. If anyone is interested in more pics I started a thread around this photo, or you can dm me.
79A471A3-3B5B-4825-BF7E-C934D29B0DCF.jpeg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of torches entered and I went back and forth on entering a torch garden or picture of a lps zone of my tank, or larger LPS colonies, and I decided my hook would be a picture of something rare. Attached is a photo capturing something I’ve never seen before and hope it gets attention due to its uniqueness and beauty.

This is a massive single head Banana Holy Grail, I bought it a year ago as a single 1 head frag. After approx 13-14 months it’s now pinching to form 6-7 heads, but none are fully independent. This is one large almost clover shaped polyp. I took this shot shortly after lights out, as the torch was closing up. For whatever reason I decided to turn my lights back on, saw this and had to capture it.

The torch in its growth and development has created a striped flesh band, as beautiful and unique as the tentacles themselves. The image is stunning and vibrant and I’m proud to share it with everyone.

Taken with iPhone SE using an orange lens filter, under reefbreeders photon v2 lighting. If anyone is interested in more pics I started a thread around this photo, or you can dm me.
79A471A3-3B5B-4825-BF7E-C934D29B0DCF.jpeg
Wow - mesmerizing

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back