Mobius Updates - Is it just luck of the draw??

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a used Gen4 Radion XR15 Pro that I absolutely love! Does an amazing job over my little 5 gallon deskmate, and wouldn't want any other light for it.

I'm am BEYOND FRUSTRATED that no matter what, Mobius will ONLY connect to the light after I pull the plug, and turn the light off, and then back on again. After I do that, I'm able to stay connected to the light for about 30-90 seconds (it always varies), and then it times out again.

Grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal as I have my light program running, and I rarely change it. But for instance right now I changed my lighting program, and was under an acclamation phase and I'm curious as to when it's over. Most people could just go into the app...not me.

Is this mainly an older gen issue? It made me think about it b/c there was a Mobius update today in the app store, and I figured i'd try again.

Just ranting for a minute here!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to use Mobius 3 times and hated it every time. I have three xr15 gen 4 and 5 older vortechs. Fortunately I had them all running through a reef link using ecosmart live before mobius was introduced so I'm not forced to use it. I was looking to add some new MP40s and ecotech support said they would not run with a reef link so I passed and bought 4 Nero 5s that how bad I dislike mobius. I really wanted MP40s but not bad enough to have to deal with mobius.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back