OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mangrove, copepods, phytoplankton, and media came in today!

Here's a pic of the mangroves

171235419643622135420280084098.jpg

I mounted some air plants on my tank as well, because why not.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, NJ, NY, PA, MA, RI, MA, VA, or really any state in the Northeast, experienced a very uncommon Earthquake.

In NJ, there was a 4.8 magnitude quake at 10:23 in the morning. I hope anyone that was near that area is okay.

The quake woke me up, so I didn't really feel it, but I did feel a pretty bad aftershock.

I know everyone in the West is making fun of us, lol, but it's very uncommon to get quakes in Eastern U.S., so we were all very shocked to say the least.

So, everything is fine in Albany, and so is my tank!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mangrove looks super cool! How has your experience with the prime been so far btw?

And glad all is good with the quake, that sounds kinda scary. Haven't experienced anything like that in the midwest here, so I would be shocked too haha.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mangrove looks super cool! How has your experience with the prime been so far btw?

And glad all is good with the quake, that sounds kinda scary. Haven't experienced anything like that in the midwest here, so I would be shocked too haha.
I love it, and so do my corals!

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I am losing patience with my battle against aptasia. I just took the rock out that was infested with aptasia outside, to put in 110 degree water. Yes, this did kill everything on the rock, but to me it was worth it. I now have it drying in the sun, and will add it back into the tank In a few hours.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I am losing patience with my battle against aptasia. I just took the rock out that was infested with aptasia outside, to put in 110 degree water. Yes, this did kill everything on the rock, but to me it was worth it. I now have it drying in the sun, and will add it back into the tank In a few hours.
I would not put it back. Let it go...

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptaisa is tenacious.
Well my tank is infested with them anyways, this was just the rock that was most infested. I am planning to get some berghias, but everywhere is out of stock at the moment.

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yikes sorry to hear, thats a bummer. Have you tired any other methods for killing/removal? Is it possible to just replace the rock or is it on everything? I've read a few different approaches but nothing seemed 100%. I don't have experience with this yet but could see it happening.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes sorry to hear, thats a bummer. Have you tired any other methods for killing/removal? Is it possible to just replace the rock or is it on everything? I've read a few different approaches but nothing seemed 100%. I don't have experience with this yet but could see it happening.
Yes, I have tried many ways including manual and chemically, none of which has been successful. So far, I have seen no aptasia back on that rock. So I guess it was succseful?

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great news, hopefully their not having a safety meeting inside the rock making a new plan of attack! Which chemical removal did you try out of curiosity that didn't work, I just like to keep a few things on hand for the "what if" but will save my money if its snake oil. Do you know where the original source of them came from? Will your LFS rent you a file fish lol.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news, hopefully their not having a safety meeting inside the rock making a new plan of attack! Which chemical removal did you try out of curiosity that didn't work, I just like to keep a few things on hand for the "what if" but will save my money if its snake oil. Do you know where the original source of them came from? Will your LFS rent you a file fish lol.
It was, "elimina aptasia", it seemed pretty high quality, and it definitely worked for the ones I were able to sneak up on, but I wasn't to good it lol.

The original source was from my live rock.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, @Ollie67, were you able to see the eclipse in totality? I am not sure what part of Illinois you are from, but I know some parts got totality. I got to see it a 96.6 percent, and it was amazing!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, @Ollie67, were you able to see the eclipse in totality? I am not sure what part of Illinois you are from, but I know some parts got totality. I got to see it a 96.6 percent, and it was amazing!
That's cool! I was also super close to totality as well, I think around 94%. I'm up north haha, but I have friends at the very south of the state who saw totality and sent me photos! Super cool. I also got to see through some glasses.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back