WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, what coral!

How's your tank doing!
I don't have a specific one in mind, but I am looking for a red/pink coral if he has any. Definitely not getting another green one lol.

My tank is doing great! Everything is thriving, including the aiptasia.... tomorrow when I go back to the coral place I will ask him on an ETA on berghias, and when I will be able to buy some from him. But, all my corals are thriving! My Duncan is even putting out new heads!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a specific one in mind, but I am looking for a red/pink coral if he has any. Definitely not getting another green one lol.

My tank is doing great! Everything is thriving, including the aiptasia.... tomorrow when I go back to the coral place I will ask him on an ETA on berghias, and when I will be able to buy some from him. But, all my corals are thriving! My Duncan is even putting out new heads!
That's great to hear (minus the aiptasia...)! Hopefully he will have some berghias soon! Hmmmm red coral... I have that red mushroom, it's a nice red so if you want another one and he has one I don't think it's a bad choice. Or you can get some acans! I like mine!

Any tips on the duncans? Some of the heads on my colony haven't been opening much, granted they are new in my tank and still a little ticked from my scrubbing/dipping. I have them on my frag plug holder on the glass right now.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear (minus the aiptasia...)! Hopefully he will have some berghias soon! Hmmmm red coral... I have that red mushroom, it's a nice red so if you want another one and he has one I don't think it's a bad choice. Or you can get some acans! I like mine!

Any tips on the duncans? Some of the heads on my colony haven't been opening much, granted they are new in my tank and still a little ticked from my scrubbing/dipping. I have them on my frag plug holder on the glass right now.
Yes! I was thinking a acan/trachy/scoly sort of thing.

Duncans like low flow and low light. Is that's what it's recieving? Does it look like it has any tissue ressecion?

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy with today's haul! Total came out to 55 bucks. Pretty cheap for what I got.

I got an orange leptoseris, and an orange green RFA!!!

20240420_154625.jpg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I was thinking a acan/trachy/scoly sort of thing.

Duncans like low flow and low light. Is that's what it's recieving? Does it look like it has any tissue ressecion?
Cool cool! Right know it's in my frag plug holder, but very soon I will add it to my rockwork. It's close by where it will go most likely, low-medium flow and light. I was told by Ralquist that the other heads on my colony are just babies, so that's why they arent fully out haha. I do have two or three heads out and about though, looking good. Such an interesting coral

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super happy with today's haul! Total came out to 55 bucks. Pretty cheap for what I got.

I got an orange leptoseris, and an orange green RFA!!!

20240420_154625.jpg
WOW, looking great! The RFA means rock flower anemone right? Glad you got some cool new stuff :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, unfortunately when I came home my cleaner shrimp was dead. It was not a molt. I have no idea why. He was active and swimming around the tank just before I left this morning. I did a water change yesterday, so maybe that had something to do with it? All other things including the nem are open and doing great, so I am puzzled. I assume it was not old age because he was still small, maybe 3 inches? I am just so sad, I loved him. I will try again maybe in a month, but right now, I think I might just wait for my tank to mature more.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, unfortunately when I came home my cleaner shrimp was dead. It was not a molt. I have no idea why. He was active and swimming around the tank just before I left this morning. I did a water change yesterday, so maybe that had something to do with it? All other things including the nem are open and doing great, so I am puzzled. I assume it was not old age because he was still small, maybe 3 inches? I am just so sad, I loved him. I will try again maybe in a month, but right now, I think I might just wait for my tank to mature more.
Oh no, sorry to hear that man. When you do your water changes, do you heat up the water? I haven't gotten myself to do so, and my water temp drops to 76 at times when pouring in new water. I've ordered another heater to heat up my water now for changes. I know shrimp could be sensitive to that stuff, but I haven't had any issues especially since the amount of water we change in our tanks. How about saliinity? Do you check it somewhat often? Shrimp could also be more sensitive to salinity I think.

I'm not even sure if it could be any of that, just throwing out ideas. As I've seen someone say before on R2R, shrimp can die within the first week or few, or last a really long time. That's the thing with shrimp, it might be hard to tell what their health is like.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, sorry to hear that man. When you do your water changes, do you heat up the water? I haven't gotten myself to do so, and my water temp drops to 76 at times when pouring in new water. I've ordered another heater to heat up my water now for changes. I know shrimp could be sensitive to that stuff, but I haven't had any issues especially since the amount of water we change in our tanks. How about saliinity? Do you check it somewhat often? Shrimp could also be more sensitive to salinity I think.

I'm not even sure if it could be any of that, just throwing out ideas. As I've seen someone say before on R2R, shrimp can die within the first week or few, or last a really long time. That's the thing with shrimp, it might be hard to tell what their health is like.
Yeah, I heat up the water to tank temp. I also test salinity each day and top off what needs to be topped off.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back