My Acro collection/ Lagoon

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the side, under full spectrum, nowhere to hide, colors either there, or not ;) Blue is fun, sort of like novelty, lol...

20240218_123913.jpg
Well that's one way to keep algae off your rock. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just spent all morning looking for a clean battery backup solution and I stumbled across the EcoFlow Delta 2, did a R2R search and boom your experience with it popped up. Great to have some figures to work with.

I was planning on just getting the Delta 2 without any extra batteries. Looking to run 2x MP60's and a Vectra L2.

I plan to use the two DC jacks on the back of the Delta 2 to feed power to the MP60's, I assume this will trigger their battery backup mode for reduced output (I think it's capped at 50%). Have you tried this?

I also plan to get a USB-C to DC jack adapter + Ecotech booster cable for the L2 to run via the USB-C port on the Delta 2, I assume this will trigger it's own battery backup mode for reduced pump output.

Have you tried any of this with your return and wave makers?
Oh wow, didn't consider these options. I just use a power strip for any devices I want continuous power to, and plug into the AC port. This requires little effort and gives continuous power, and for 2 mp60s, they could run for days on just Delta2. I eventually will power the entire tank, and run it with solar inputs, and off grid. Goals, lol :)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we get lucky and aquire the "ONE", that one piece that settles into your environment, and thrives! @Sweet Reef Corals, Jesse, sold me a beautiful cut of the Peng's Purple Tip Granulosa, and this "ONE" has never skipped a beat. So, credit goes to Jesse, still, by far, my favorite Acro!!!
Big Ups brother, this piece is getting ridiculous ;)

20240229_172403.jpg
So pretty Perry my tank needs this one.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Pengs collection- the left one is Pengs Cherry Tip Granulosa and the right is Pengs Blue Monster which is also a granulosa, my 2 slowest growers

I had the Pengs Blue Monster recently and it arrived in very bad shape. Checked out after dipped it, but I don’t have a QT so no choice. You can see the colony was in rough shape. RT was dying off.

IMG_2052.jpeg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Pengs Blue Monster recently and it arrived in very bad shape. Checked out after dipped it, but I don’t have a QT so no choice. You can see the colony was in rough shape. RT was dying off.

IMG_2052.jpeg

Yes, part looks rough, but getting to that size took quite an effort, mine grows painfully slow. I believe the Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy is same thing, in case it's an easier find. In my tank, keeping these active in growth is important, as they want to go dormant, this is the tricky part for me keeping smooth skins.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, part looks rough, but getting to that size took quite an effort, mine grows painfully slow. I believe the Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy is same thing, in case it's an easier find. In my tank, keeping these active in growth is important, as they want to go dormant, this is the tricky part for me keeping smooth skins.

I gonna quit buying them. I enjoy the faster growing corals more. They look pretty, but I’m getting too old to wait 3-4 years to see a smooth skin grow to a reasonable size. :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gonna quit buying them. I enjoy the faster growing corals more. They look pretty, but I’m getting too old to wait 3-4 years to see a smooth skin grow to a reasonable size. :)

I am way more fond of the slow paced corals these days, the Bill Murray's are too hard to keep up with, lol..
I don't really sell corals, so the slow game is cool. Some of these grannies are getting nice, worth the wait.
All the best brother!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back