My Acro collection/ Lagoon

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, I’m not there yet lol. I still associate fast growth with good health and even added color assuming it’s not a stripped system. It took a lot of un-brainwashing for me to accept higher tested nutrient levels as the better side of the balance for health, however, every time I do a water change I’ll notice a little something more positive health wise and growth wise. This tells me that I’m missing something. What it is, I couldn’t tell you.‘I’m not jumping on the icp wagon chasing numbers that are a week-2 weeks old with 20 different elements to dose. That’s where I draw the line (2 years later look at all my bottles lol). Seriously, that seems like an over complicated way, especially since I see better results than most using the old ways.

I don’t trust the micro biome as much as you do lol but I’ll be watching your progress. If anyone can make me a believer you can l!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to clarify, I dose trace, but do not do it with any measure, I squirt 2 squirts of TM A+ and K+ daily, sometimes 3 squirts, sometimes 1, sometimes I forget. I use ESV for main 4 minerals. I automate Alk, CA, and MG, hand dose 2 caps of ESV K weekly, sometimes 1, lol. I used to have free access to ICP through AF Lab, but I have never tested, nor will I ever plan to, it drives people nutz...lol
My corals are my indicator. Also, I no longer measure or care about ph, it is what it is, my house air quality is top priority, and my Kale Garden and Mangrove Lagoon sort of work symbiotically in the Reef Room. No kalkwasser, no more fresh air draw either, as keeping lower humidity provides me with better breathing and reduces mold spores. FL living, lol...
I am so basic, that it scares me, but I do believe 8n Probiotic bacteria and carbon source, as well as trace, these together with quality frozen fish feed, gives me all that the corals need. I do not feed corals. I removed fiter socks instead ;)

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, is your lift pump working at 100%?
My pump raises 9 cubes, my bank is 800 liters, my nitrates become 50 ppm) my seporax is 50 liters in sump

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry, is your lift pump working at 100%?
My pump raises 9 cubes, my bank is 800 liters, my nitrates become 50 ppm) my seporax is 50 liters in sump

Return pump= EcoTech L1 @ 60%
All internal WaveMaker pumps run at 20-40%, quite low.
No siporax ATM, but likely add 2 liters of AF BiolFil(Pumice) in a plastic spaghetti strainer, passive, in sump. I will add more if necessary.
Not sure what a lift pump is but thank you for checking out the system ;)

runetspike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return pump= EcoTech L1 @ 60%
All internal WaveMaker pumps run at 20-40%, quite low.
No siporax ATM, but likely add 2 liters of AF BiolFil(Pumice) in a plastic spaghetti strainer, passive, in sump. I will add more if necessary.
Not sure what a lift pump is but thank you for checking out the system ;)
my return pump= RD3 Speedy 9m³ @ 100% . thanks ))

Hagios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a wonderful setup, and very great choice! The battery brings more diversity, and solar is ultimately my vision, living here in FL. I am not plumbed for gas, wish, but having the propane/gas hybrid generator, is a great tool for the battery re-charge, in the event solar isn't getting the job done. Gas goes fast here, it gets dicey during hurricanes, propane goes next, so preparedness is essential here. I would love a whole home backup, looking into the EcoTech Pro with backup battery at around 7kw, with up to 1200w inbound solar capacity. This ties into your breaker box. For just me, this might be overkill. My current plan gets me around 7-10 days without power before I exhaust propane and battery. Not collecting sun currently, not effective enough with my heavily shaded home lot, but looking into a 200 gallon propane tank. Plenty of serviceable companies around for re-fill. This would extend me to around 3 weeks, Cat4-5 type scenario..
Sounds like you've been noodling on backup as well. As the cliché goes...better to be over prepared than under. Great job! Tank sps look outstanding btw.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you've been noodling on backup as well. As the cliché goes...better to be over prepared than under. Great job! Tank sps look outstanding btw.
Thank you very much!
Very kind of you to say :)
Yes, the backup thing started as a reef plan, and developing into a prepper plan, lol. There are distinct advantages to remaining calm/centered during chaos. Needless to say, keeping backup plans for animals pulled from their homes, for our enjoyment, is tge least we can do.
All the best!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Tumbs Mother of Pearl is quite a unique piece that satisfies that Cali/ Blue Green Tort color scheme, with pearly tones hiding beneath, waiting to show its full potential :)

IMG_20240210_164445_691.jpg

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes we get lucky and aquire the "ONE", that one piece that settles into your environment, and thrives! @Sweet Reef Corals, Jesse, sold me a beautiful cut of the Peng's Purple Tip Granulosa, and this "ONE" has never skipped a beat. So, credit goes to Jesse, still, by far, my favorite Acro!!!
Big Ups brother, this piece is getting ridiculous ;)

20240229_172403.jpg

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sometimes we get lucky and aquire the "ONE", that one piece that settles into your environment, and thrives! @Sweet Reef Corals, Jesse, sold me a beautiful cut of the Peng's Purple Tip Granulosa, and this "ONE" has never skipped a beat. So, credit goes to Jesse, still, by far, my favorite Acro!!!
Big Ups brother, this piece is getting ridiculous ;)

20240229_172403.jpg
It’s all you my friend! That colony is about the same size as mine now! Great job! It’s been a very popular piece in the last couple months.

I’m excited to try it in the new system. I’m running 20k Radium’s with a couple led supplements. Test corals seem to be really rich in color and a bit darker than in the main system. It should be interesting

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all you my friend! That colony is about the same size as mine now! Great job! It’s been a very popular piece in the last couple months.

I’m excited to try it in the new system. I’m running 20k Radium’s with a couple led supplements. Test corals seem to be really rich in color and a bit darker than in the main system. It should be interesting

Very cool with the Radium choice, pun intended, lol... I imagine in Ohio, most of the years climate works. Rendering heat is probably welcome in the fall and winter months, especially to lessen heaters running. Quite the opposite here in FL. Love what the Radiums did for me in the day, colors were so on point.
That Pengs Purple Tip is a special piece, that one should warrant a top tier coral price, and worth every penny! Hard to believe that it looks even better ATM, but it's cousin the Aris Avalance is trending with similar growth and color pizzazz :)

20240307_170204.jpg

Scott714

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some may read, some may not, either way, the few who get it, cool ;)
Backup plans. I have attached my recent Y-Tube short, to show my backup system.
Ecoflow Delta 2 with the backup battery. On a short test, with the 2 combined, I could run 2 Orphek OR3 Blues, 2 Jeboa SOW-20's, and EcoTech M1 @70%, the battery and back up, would last at least 12, maybe 14 hours. Now this doesn't seem like much, but it takes up to 500 inbound watts of solar. Also, Your generator can recharge the battery and backup in 2 hours. Now, that's at 1200 watts recharge, mine is changed to only charging at 500 inbound watts, as to keep the heat lower, which, that data is available through the blue tooth or wifi app. So, my generator would take around 6 hours, no worries at 500 watts, it runs constantly at 3500 watts, and is off propane.
Here's the mind blow, this runs on their "EPS" mode, which essentially making it a seamless UPS. So, those pumps and lights, are able to run when power goes down, without power loss. The wifi app, will give you data on your battery, watt input/output, as well as battery memory, and more. So, if you're at work, and there's a power loss, no worries ;)
To me, it seems that this should be considered before livestock, but it took me lots of stressful moments, to finally get peace of mind, lol. Thanks for reading :)

I've just spent all morning looking for a clean battery backup solution and I stumbled across the EcoFlow Delta 2, did a R2R search and boom your experience with it popped up. Great to have some figures to work with.

I was planning on just getting the Delta 2 without any extra batteries. Looking to run 2x MP60's and a Vectra L2.

I plan to use the two DC jacks on the back of the Delta 2 to feed power to the MP60's, I assume this will trigger their battery backup mode for reduced output (I think it's capped at 50%). Have you tried this?

I also plan to get a USB-C to DC jack adapter + Ecotech booster cable for the L2 to run via the USB-C port on the Delta 2, I assume this will trigger it's own battery backup mode for reduced pump output.

Have you tried any of this with your return and wave makers?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back