OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pink light is distracting over the tank for the mangroves, just my opinion, can the mangrove hanging the sump?
The red light was over my hob fuge its now gone the mh covers it too now. The mangroves are in my overflow i just dont have room in the sump for them

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well parameters look good so you're probably right about the light. I hope it continues to improve!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my last light change ive always been swayed away from mh by the led hype in my 4 years of reefing and i have lost so many corals.
I run this light for 4.5 hours and tank temp never changed stays right on 80 and thats what my heater is set to.

I think I would regret not using the MH, especially wanting to be sps dominant. I also think there's almost too many light choices out there. They all will work I'm sure, but it tempts us to change all too often.

Are you running a single 250w RB over the 80?

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished adding 3 bags of crushed coral course sand bed is about 1" deep and did the aquascape this is what I came up with I had 50lbs dry rock and a 30 lbs Tonga shelf I picked up from BRS really nice rock!!! The shelf on the right[emoji6]

Awesome scape! That big plate on the right reminds me of the Millennium Falcon! Lol.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too purchased a 250w Reef Brite dimmable MH w/Reef Brite LEDs and have yet to set up the tank it will go on. Over the time I've been waiting I've contemplated selling the light and going with LED only. But you have convinced me to keep it and give it a go. I think it will be amazing.

I hope things continue to look up from here for you!
Yeah you should give it a chance leds have failed me and cost me lots of money in corals too! I have tryed Radion gen 3s and kessil a360we's They arent cheep either and my tank is only 16" deep and i tryed buth at 40%-100% power and in 4 days of the reef brites my tank has made a drastic turn for the best i believe, i will continue to post pics of the progress over the next few months and try to document the progress

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if its a coincidence but my skimmer is even pulling more darker skimmate out of the water in the last four days with the mh, It seems to be working better than it has since i put it in the sump almost a year ago.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I would regret not using the MH, especially wanting to be sps dominant. I also think there's almost too many light choices out there. They all will work I'm sure, but it tempts us to change all too often.

Are you running a single 250w RB over the 80?
No its a 36" double 250w ea w/xho led supplements for the pop each on a 48x24x16 tank and it makes the tank pop i just ordered a new apex with the par meter im going to be adding it tonight to controll the lighting. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinda par readings I'm gonna be getting with it and i too am pshooting for a sps dom tank i love the sticks

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its a 36" double 250w ea w/xho led supplements for the pop each on a 48x24x16 tank and it makes the tank pop i just ordered a new apex with the par meter im going to be adding it tonight to controll the lighting. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinda par readings I'm gonna be getting with it and i too am pshooting for a sps dom tank i love the sticks

Awesome. Let us know how the par numbers shake out.

OP
OP
knoxmandan

knoxmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Got my new apex and apex par meter instaled heres the par with the light about 16 inches off the water both halides and xho on. Im not sure about orp reading? Could someone explain this orp reading to me? Whats a good range ect?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back