My Magnifica from Magnifica at Pacific East Aquaculture.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I did not see these anemones in person prior to purchase, I highly recommended that QT is needed when you have healthy Magnifica in your system. My anemone was treated, and it was a breeze to do with proper equipment.
I asked them directly when I received my Mag from this shipment and they told me not to QT or Treat it.

That was a mistake and one I will not make again no matter who tells me to.

Within a week of entering my system with other healthy H. mag, the original started deflation cycles. A few days after, the new one did as well.

Now they both need pulled and treated.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed it a few days ago and he absolutely exploded in growth diameter increased by 25-35%. The ceramic tiles was about 1/2 the diameter. Now it is only about 1/3 the length of the oral plate.
IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them directly when I received my Mag from this shipment and they told me not to QT or Treat it.

That was a mistake and one I will not make again no matter who tells me to.

Within a week of entering my system with other healthy H. mag, the original started deflation cycles. A few days after, the new one did as well.

Now they both need pulled and treated.
Good luck

Lothar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed it a few days ago and he absolutely exploded in growth diameter increased by 25-35%. The ceramic tiles was about 1/2 the diameter. Now it is only about 1/3 the length of the oral plate.
IMG_9157.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg
I was wondering if the tile could be placed at a 45 degree angle or does it need to be as level as possible?

Thanks

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you acclimate your magnifica from PEA?

Amazing looking tank
This anemone was part of a 7 Magnifica ordered by a friend of mine. He keeps it for me for about 1 week before I have a chance to pick it up.
I QT it, like I always do. It deflated and I treated it with Cipro for 7 days. Doing well ever since. I always QT my new anemone, no matter where it come from or how healthy it was prior to shipment. I don't automatically treat my anemones; however, I have everything ready to convert QT to HT when needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back