OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just enough to get me soaked lol. I work on my deck, which used to have an umbrella...we had a tornado suck that up, along with knock out my pool pump. Just enough damage not to be covered by insurance haha! I decided to wait until next year for a new umbrella and fixed the pool pump first...which was stupid because the rest of the summer was too mild an rainy to swim. I really miss our giant umbrella :(

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just enough to get me soaked lol. I work on my deck, which used to have an umbrella...we had a tornado suck that up, along with knock out my pool pump. Just enough damage not to be covered by insurance haha! I decided to wait until next year for a new umbrella and fixed the pool pump first...which was stupid because the rest of the summer was too mild an rainy to swim. I really miss our giant umbrella :(

It is amazing how the weather has been in many parts of the country ... and yours seems to have been part of it ... here where I live in GA we have not had any issue but other GA areas have.

Sorry to read about your problems ... and yes I would have fixed the pool pump first too ... :)

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On better more related-to-this-thread-in-limbo news:
I have not tested anything but pH and salinity since I don't know when. At least 6 months.
Here's what my seneye tells me after a day
tune6abe.jpg

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On better more related-to-this-thread-in-limbo news:
I have not tested anything but pH and salinity since I don't know when. At least 6 months.
Here's what my seneye tells me after a day
tune6abe.jpg

Wow that looks pretty good and that seneye can test that low for ammonia ? I will have to look this device up as I have not seen it yet ... my bad ... I should know about it so I am not sure what it does .. .cost ... how it works etc ...

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hegedeqe.jpg

$170
No accessories included, but the things pretty loaded with features for being so cheap! I'm going to play with the light meter today some time

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! Now I just need me some muriatic acid. I've got like 90lbs of live rock that's been dry for like a month. I'm not sure I want to use it with all that dead stuff.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it dissolves the outer layer of rock and makes them very white!! Dissolves everything! I am doing a detailed write up of the process. The hardest part is the math lol...not my best subject as a writer/artist

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my sandbed. The dark spots are the diatoms. They are not really reducing in populations. Their is no more cyano whatsoever. At least not that I can spot. Comparing these to the previous sand pics is...well I can't see them until I post this.

nymejy3a.jpg

dery6ysy.jpg
2ehataza.jpg

rininger85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't kill me for necromancing, but how is the algae scrubber doing now that it has been a year since it was set up? Is it still running? Has it had any negative effects on the DT or system as a whole after you've had the scrubber age for a while? I've been battling cyano for a bit, but its just that stage of tank life I figured, but planning on a major upgrade in the next 6 months or so (going from a 40B with no sump to a 240 w/ 40B sump, currently no skimmer to a huge skimmer, so trying to plan out my upgrades, as the wife has already been complaining for some time that the current set up doesn't look good (cyano all over) so I'm not looking forward to battling it with this set up, then having to start over again after the upgrades... so if this is still working I might add a scrubber tank to my plans).

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This setup has since been upgraded, but the cyanoscrubber was outstanding in keeping the tank free of blooms. The reason I upgraded was simply because I got a really awesome new tank. This setup had a scrubber type filtration system but it is all in the display tank. The mountain has a waterfall that allows for tons of algae growth above the waterline. Same basic concept as my old setup just much more appealing.
If algae or Cyano is just something you are always fighting you might as well contain it in its own refugium. Besides, it gives you a whole other dimension of life to enjoy.

Here's my new tank btw!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1404779663.331244.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back