Need help connecting to P4 wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The myGHL security key is automatically generated from the myGHL servers. When you add a new device to your myGHL account, a new key is automatically generated. This key is specific to your device.

If you connect to your P4 via the app, you can quickly add your device to your myGHL account by going to the SYSTEM settings page and selecting ADD THIS GHL-DEVICE TO MYGHL.
Just make sure myGHL is enabled in either GCC or the app and you have your myGHL login info entered into the app settings.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The myGHL security key is automatically generated from the myGHL servers. When you add a new device to your myGHL account, a new key is automatically generated. This key is specific to your device.

If you connect to your P4 via the app, you can quickly add your device to your myGHL account by going to the SYSTEM settings page and selecting ADD THIS GHL-DEVICE TO MYGHL.
Just make sure myGHL is enabled in either GCC or the app and you have your myGHL login info entered into the app settings.
I have the same info on both my GCC on pc and GCC APP on phone. It will not let me in and says the security key is invalid. What am I doing wrong? Was it cause I posted the code?

E79999D9-0D63-4222-B9E9-66B8A13CD467.png

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be because I had it set up before and removed it from my sccount( and now can’t connect to it?

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I go about adding a new registered device to myGHl? when i go to registered devices it shows nothing registered but also does not have a place to register it. @Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have managed to log into my GHL account from the GCC app on my phone. There is a button that says ' add this ghl device to my ghl" however it loads and then says the security key is invalid.. even though it is the key listed above the whole thing. I am thinking if i turn it off and on a few times it will change the ID and or Security key and that will allow me to start to connect. will update if I make any progress.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I seem to be back at square one. I was able to connect via wifi for sometime and now without changing any settings or whatnot it is saying ' unable to find ghl devices on the network. This is getting frustrating continuously trying the same thing. I also wish the USB was longer considering now I have to be basically standing up to do anywork on the profilux because I cant seem to connect it via wifi. I have managed to set up my probes again. This time I will be setting up the redox and I am a little confused if I did it right or not.. it shows I have 1000. Does that sound right..? I am also a little hesitant to put my heater on the powerbar at this point.. even after watching the video about adding it to the power bar.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst setting my PH probe back in the water, I have come to have insane fluctuations for the readings. its literally changing every second from 6ph to 8ph... there is no consistency at all. What could be the problem for this? I figured I'd recalibrate it after its been in my tank for a couple months although it was stable before.. now its going crazy.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000 ORP sounds like an error. I would recalibrate below were my orginal steps:
Redox Probe Calibration: (Steps I took to do it)

From the P4
- Press Any key on the P4, and use the arrow down button and highlight Sensor Setting and press the check mark
- Using the Arrow Key on the P4 highlight the Probe you wish to Calibrate and press the check mark mine was Redox 1
- Using the arrow keys scroll down the list and highlight Calibration and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for to set the calibration Tolerance make sure it is <1> mine was one to begin with and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the first Tolerance level, I set mine to 220.00 using and press the check mark (it defaulted to this)(To adjust the value use the arrow keys to move left and right and up and down to change the value)
- Insert Null Plug
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the asking you to put the probe now in the 220.00 solution and press the check mark
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you Save now press the left arrow key to highlight Yes (Box will show around it) and press the check mark

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst setting my PH probe back in the water, I have come to have insane fluctuations for the readings. its literally changing every second from 6ph to 8ph... there is no consistency at all. What could be the problem for this? I figured I'd recalibrate it after its been in my tank for a couple months although it was stable before.. now its going crazy.

Where did you place your probe? That quite a swing and not normal. I would recalibrate the probe and when you finish and save the calibration leave it in the solution and see does it swing or stay stable.

Make sure also that it is securely plugged into the P4.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly do not even know where to start anymore. I tried to redo my filesystem on my p4 using the firmware update tool and that was a success. I have then imported my settings for the sensors and stuff back into the profilux. I was hoping that would fix my errors being unable to connect to wifi via GCC on pc and still am getting error 28. I have tried increasing the time and have done everything from auto ip to static. It will not let me connect to my profilux via GCC on pc via wifi. I can see the wifi is working fine because if I hit ' configuration ' the profilux dashboard connects in a browser. I believe I am on both the latest firmwares and also the latest app. I am stumped. Pretty close to putting the whole thing up for sale and just saying forget it all. Nothing I attempt to do is working. Not my probes, not my connections and not even reconfiguring it. MyGhl still isnt connectable even after resetting the p4 to factory settings and refiling the file system.

What am I missing?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, we need to break this down to a few different steps because your doing a lot and trying it all at once. Not connecting through the myghl web site I can not help you with(because the last message I have read was a security key), but you should still be able to use the app, and the GCC desktop software while your on your home network regardless.

So lets start with first the network configuration, open up the system menu and show me what you have currently configured. If you have both client & access point turned on I want you to only configure Client. Lets get the basics up before going through and adding additional tasks.

We are going to configure a static IP of 192.168.1.55 (Anything using this?)
Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Gateway is 192.168.1.1
DNS is 4.2.2.1

Setup your SSID to be your home wireless network
Set up your WIFI key

Once you have these settings saved from the GCC App. I want you to reboot the device.

Then log back into it via the USB connection and screen shot the page.
We should see Connected as Client with a Checkbox, File System Ok with a checkbox.

We need to first stabilize the network connection.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, we need to break this down to a few different steps because your doing a lot and trying it all at once. Not connecting through the myghl web site I can not help you with(because the last message I have read was a security key), but you should still be able to use the app, and the GCC desktop software while your on your home network regardless.

So lets start with first the network configuration, open up the system menu and show me what you have currently configured. If you have both client & access point turned on I want you to only configure Client. Lets get the basics up before going through and adding additional tasks.

We are going to configure a static IP of 192.168.1.55 (Anything using this?)
Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Gateway is 192.168.1.1
DNS is 4.2.2.1

Setup your SSID to be your home wireless network
Set up your WIFI key

Once you have these settings saved from the GCC App. I want you to reboot the device.

Then log back into it via the USB connection and screen shot the page.
We should see Connected as Client with a Checkbox, File System Ok with a checkbox.

We need to first stabilize the network connection.
Thanks for the reply Ditto. I will be able to try this in a few hours when I am done with work. I will update again. Do you have any suggestions on what I could go about doing to try to revert to day 1 settings and start over?
Also was wondering will my heater stay on regardless of the p4 settings? Like can I mess with it and have it still on the power bar without causing problems?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe to factory default you do it this way:
if you want to restore the ProfiLux default settings, you can do this using the controller buttons:
1. Press any of the arrow keys
2. Select System
3. Select Factory sett.
4. Confirm with yes

But doing so will remove any configuration you have so your power bars may default to off turning of the heater.

Resetting the unit and adding the network should not interfere with the power bar existing settings.

If you mess for example the Powerbar port # and you do not have that port # configured on the switch channel it could and would be turned off for example.

Is your Powerbar already configured or do we need to step trough that also :)

If we want to start from scratch we could then would configure the IP address first then add the Probes, then the power bar, then configure the power bar ports based on the requirement. Example heater is plugged into switchport 3 want to configure it only to turn on and off based on the tempature or the tank which is set to x with a hysteresis of .360.

In my switching controller thread I go through these type of configuration in detailed also.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe to factory default you do it this way:
if you want to restore the ProfiLux default settings, you can do this using the controller buttons:
1. Press any of the arrow keys
2. Select System
3. Select Factory sett.
4. Confirm with yes

But doing so will remove any configuration you have so your power bars may default to off turning of the heater.

Resetting the unit and adding the network should not interfere with the power bar existing settings.

If you mess for example the Powerbar port # and you do not have that port # configured on the switch channel it could and would be turned off for example.

Is your Powerbar already configured or do we need to step trough that also :)

If we want to start from scratch we could then would configure the IP address first then add the Probes, then the power bar, then configure the power bar ports based on the requirement. Example heater is plugged into switchport 3 want to configure it only to turn on and off based on the tempature or the tank which is set to x with a hysteresis of .360.

In my switching controller thread I go through these type of configuration in detailed also.
I believe my profilux touch and powerbar are both hooked up. I will go home now and try to follow your suggestions. I’ll take it one step at a time rather than trying to finish it in one go. I appreciate the patience

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading home now. I still haven’t figured out if I want to reset the whole setup or just the p4. I am constantly getting error 28 and it seems to be somewhat common I believe?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would redo the firmware on the wireless adapter to see if it helps.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would redo the firmware on the wireless adapter to see if it helps.
Would you suggest the firmware update tool from the folder of the GCC? Or what would u suggest I do? I can try to get to the dashboard screen on the browser and update there. I usually ran into errors tho.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back