Need help connecting to P4 wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the access point should not matter if it is on or off for this to work. I would send a message to GHL support on that one, as I am not sure why it would not come up. @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA may be able to help troubleshoot that.
Strange because it is fine for my connection via my phone using GHL Connect. Any idea why I cant find my profilux via wifi on the pc app when I disconnect the usb cable? Its in a pretty tight spot and I'd prefer to do some of these things over wifi connection rather than being tied to my profilux physically.

I am trying to go through your threads and understand more abilities of the profilux. I guess I can list some equipment and you can tell me what can be controlled and then I can start to figure out what to purchase from there..

I have 2 Reef Octopus Varios 6 pumps that have a 1-10v slot. I heard I need to buy some sort of ice cap adapter and go from there
I also have a Mp40WQD so I am reading up on what you did to set that up.
I have a random hydor powerhead that I am pretty sure cant be controlled at all
Then I have a orphek Atlantik v4 light above my tank.

I am not sure what I would really use the flow meters and all that fancy stuff although I do intend to probably implement them eventually down the line.. I am wondering if I should start to transfer this stuff over to a build thread so others can gain insight for the future. I'm grateful for all of your patience and help!

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the GHL control app? I've had it for quite sometime but it is unable to find my p4 when I type in the ip. It also isn't anywhere to be found on the app store... possibly an old app?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange because it is fine for my connection via my phone using GHL Connect. Any idea why I cant find my profilux via wifi on the pc app when I disconnect the usb cable? Its in a pretty tight spot and I'd prefer to do some of these things over wifi connection rather than being tied to my profilux physically.

I am trying to go through your threads and understand more abilities of the profilux. I guess I can list some equipment and you can tell me what can be controlled and then I can start to figure out what to purchase from there..

I have 2 Reef Octopus Varios 6 pumps that have a 1-10v slot. I heard I need to buy some sort of ice cap adapter and go from there
I also have a Mp40WQD so I am reading up on what you did to set that up.
I have a random hydor powerhead that I am pretty sure cant be controlled at all
Then I have a orphek Atlantik v4 light above my tank.

I am not sure what I would really use the flow meters and all that fancy stuff although I do intend to probably implement them eventually down the line.. I am wondering if I should start to transfer this stuff over to a build thread so others can gain insight for the future. I'm grateful for all of your patience and help!

Did you add another P4 Device to the GCC desktop app, and configure it to use the IP address and not the USB connection?

When you add the device you would then select new, and change it to TCP/IP and then change the host name to the IP Address.
P4_help2.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the GHL control app? I've had it for quite sometime but it is unable to find my p4 when I type in the ip. It also isn't anywhere to be found on the app store... possibly an old app?
I believe that the old version :)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add another P4 Device to the GCC desktop app, and configure it to use the IP address and not the USB connection?

When you add the device you would then select new, and change it to TCP/IP and then change the host name to the IP Address.
P4_help2.png
I can hit 'configuration' and it brings me to the 192.168.1.98 in browser where nothing shoes up.
If I back out and try to connect directly to the wifi by hitting connect it says settings are wrong would I like to change.

This has nothing to do with the access point and stuff right?

Capture11.PNG

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct your connecting to the device via it wireless connection on the IP you set which is on your home network that your laptop is also connected to :)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct your connecting to the device via it wireless connection on the IP you set which is on your home network that your laptop is also connected to :)
So we take tonight as successfully as we can get it and then deal with these little things later.. if I have to be tied up by a 3 inch usb cable then so be it !

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let’s try this:

Click administrative in the upper menu
Then click on Profilux 4
Make it tcp/ip and place the IP address in the host name
Name the connection then save it.

Make sure the usb cable not connected :)

And then click on the one we just created and choose connect.

I assume your laptop is on the wireless network your P4 connected to also :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we take tonight as successfully as we can get it and then deal with these little things later.. if I have to be tied up by a 3 inch usb cable then so be it !

Glad to help :) I can go get some sleep now :)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let’s try this:

Click administrative in the upper menu
Then click on Profilux 4
Make it tcp/ip and place the IP address in the host name
Name the connection then save it.

Make sure the usb cable not connected :)

And then click on the one we just created and choose connect.
"could not connect do you want to check the settings now?" no usb is connected at this point at all.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"could not connect do you want to check the settings now?" no usb is connected at this point at all.

Ok the gcc app connects no issues so we know it on the wireless network :) and the myghl sees it :)

What operating system are you running GCC desktop on? I had an issue with my firewall blocking it on my windows 10 machine so wondering if your having the same issue.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the gcc app connects no issues.

What operating system are you running GCC desktop on?
Windows 10 pro. I am unsure what the problem is. However when I click ' find automatically' the bar loads halfway and then just nothing happens. it doesnt say it " change settings" just sort of acts as if I didn't do anything. Its been weird I have only been able to connect via wifi through the app about twice in the past 3 days and it was very random

However if I hit 'configuration' on the setup page it then says 'searching for ghl devices on the network' then says no ghl devices found. lol honestly this was one of the first problems I was having prior to the whole myghl problems.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok on my laptop I could not get GCC desktop to work, and with some troubleshooting it was my Windows firewall blocking the app. So this may be the same thing that happening to you not sure but a guess. :)

Open up Windows Firewall (If it is Green it mean it is enabled) if not then your using a different program like McAffee and would not need to do this :)

windowsfireall1.png

Click on Allow an App or Feature Click on Change Settings then Allow Another App
firewall2.png

Hit Browse on the path and navigate to the GHL Folder for example (C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1120\GHL Control Center.exe)

upload_2018-12-29_2-19-34.png

then click Public and private and save the settings relaunch the GCC desktop application and see if it works :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok on my laptop I could not get GCC desktop to work, and with some troubleshooting it was my Windows firewall blocking the app. So this may be the same thing that happening to you not sure but a guess. :)

Open up Windows Firewall (If it is Green it mean it is enabled) if not then your using a different program like McAffee and would not need to do this :)

windowsfireall1.png

Click on Allow an App or Feature Click on Change Settings then Allow Another App
firewall2.png

Hit Browse on the path and navigate to the GHL Folder for example (C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1120\GHL Control Center.exe)

upload_2018-12-29_2-19-34.png

then click Public and private and save the settings relaunch the GCC desktop application and see if it works :)
You did it! I didn't even think to check this ever since I did this for the desktop app that just came before this beta version!!! I can connect via wifi now. Now we both can sleep knowing now its just little random things to set up to take full advantage of the profilux. I can't say thank you enough Ditto.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back