New Gyer unpacked tonight !!!!

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are sayin that this is way to strong for 24"x24" cube??? LOL... I was really looking forward to getting one but i guess I am going to have to wait for the smaller version to come out

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its impressive that it is that strong. but considering we have been using this type of fan design in our HVAC systems for MANY years, I dont doubt it. Best of luck. I want the smallest one when released (said the guy with a pair of WP40 in a 66 gallon tank)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG !!!!

OMG !!!!

OMG !!!!

Well its in the tank...we have a 6.2 x 2.5 x 2.2 . (not sure of the order it should be in so depth is the 2.5) fairly deep tank.
When we first turned it on it was auto set to 60% - Well goodbye corals. Helio on the sand bed (far end of the tank) was gone under a cave to the back of the tank. Large torch (i mean large skeleton) was blown off the rocks and well the fish were swimming their hardest and not moving.
The **** that came off the far end sand bed was embarrassing.
Its was just too much so we quickly turned it off.

Try again..Instructions read at leas 20 times today and still not clear. Hubby getting a hang of it now so try again.

Turn back on and this time 30%, corals a little happier, not getting blown around, so we take the time to correct the ones that have become floating missiles.
Still to strong for the corals, fish a bit happier though.

So we now try it at 20%. Perfect. Corals swaying very nicely, fish seem happy and we are now trying to work out pulse mode. As we though (haha) pulse every 10sec from 20 to 30% might be nice. Will have to see how it goes.
Very quiet, no noise in fact silent as !
Think the Tunzes will be up for sale very shortly.
extremely impressed with the power this thing has, but still very unimpressed with the instruction. Just cant work out how to set the darn thing right.
Will keep you posted.
Just thought I would let you know its wet.....lol​

Awesome review.
We like to see some pics maybe, and how your tank layout looks and where you have it mounted.
Thanks so much, mine will be shipped today I hope.

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=816551048367702[/video]Please bear in mind that I dont own a video camera so this is an Iphone video. Picture quality is not great but you will get the idea.
We have rocks running down the middle of the tank with equal swim room back and front. This video is the Gyer running at 20 -40% pulsing between each % every 30 sec.
You can see the corals at the far end swaying heaps as well as the ones at the bottom on the left hand side (gyer is left had top side) Hope the link works.

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats nice!!! I'll have to consider one of these for my tank when the small one comes out. On 20% that's moving your huge tank around like my 1050 koralia evo and 850 older koralia do.. and I have a 30 gallon tank, LOL.

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just removed 4 tunze that moved together over 50,000lt/hr. Cost of running has to be better too. 4 tunze at 35w compared to this at 50w running at a low %

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50w yes 260g 6.2 x 2.5 x 2.5. Did you see video ?

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon to move into new 300g peninsular reef. We bought a second one before trying will prob sell as 1 will do. Even on new build

ptreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah saw the video. Thats nuts that one unit alone at only 30% flows a 260g....

Do you think the 35w would be better suited when available.

I have a 250g that has a CLS and would love to remove PH's and have one or 2 of the concelead or low profile units in the tank!

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah saw the video. Thats nuts that one unit alone at only 30% flows a 260g....

Do you think the 35w would be better suited when available.

I have a 250g that has a CLS and would love to remove PH's and have one or 2 of the concelead or low profile units in the tank!
The only problem I have with the 35w unit is I believe (not positive) it is not as long as the 50w. The 50w is about 28cm (11inches long). With a 2.5 foot tank (not sure what you have) I don't know if you would cover the width of the tank if any shorter unit. I wouldnt want it any shorter or there would be dead spots. I think half the secret is the wide flow area. I also suppose that if your addicted like us, you only get a bigger tank, so why not the 50w (you know will do the job at 30%) and if you do upgrade build then no having to replace.

ptreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is actually 36" front to back...

thinking maybe 2 -35w along the back wall at top...OR

wonder how one 50w would work standing vertically along one of the back corners too.....
create somewhat circular flow: back, L side, front, R side, back...etc...

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing. My tank is only 75g and has dimensions of 36x30x16. If I buy the medium unit, do you feel that I could turn it down enough to where water wouldn't be splashing out of my tank?:) I really don't want to wait for the 35w unit and want the 50w unit asap! Please talk me into this!:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is actually 36" front to back...

thinking maybe 2 -35w along the back wall at top...OR

wonder how one 50w would work standing vertically along one of the back corners too.....
create somewhat circular flow: back, L side, front, R side, back...etc...
With our rock work we actually tried the vertical first to create a kind of circle around the rock work. It worked well but didn't create the surface break we like to see and believe is good for the tank. So Yes it would work vertically, infact is in instruction manual as perfect fot that type of flow. We just prefer the surface being smacked a little. lol

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing. My tank is only a 75g and has dimensions of 36x30x16. If I buy the medium unit, do you feel that I could turn it down enough to where water wouldn't be splashing out of my tank?:) I really don't want to wait for the 35w unit and want the 50w unit asap! Please talk me into this!:)
Wow,, 10% would do you. If you move it further down on the glass (we have ours about 3inches down) you could get away with it. The other thing I should mention is that the 2 paddle chambers are directional as well. We have one completely breaking surface (creating wave) other pointing down a little and not breaking the surface. You can also have one on forward paddle and one of reverse paddle, Haven't experimented with that yet, so couldnt tell you what sort of difference that makes.Will be mucking around with it tomorrow. So if it makes a difference to anything I will post it up.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back