Nothings happy in my tank! Pic heavy

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dump the 10 gallon. I would consider them for seasoned experts only. (I am not one of them) I know things went a lot better for me when I upgraded from 30 to a 75. Suddenly crashes ( or the start of crashes) were much more able to get back under control.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant find phosphates in your tank or the water report I sent you? If they are not in your tank thats great but on the water report if you scroll down it tells you everything in your home water supply. IMO Nitrates of 3.7 is high. But I'm an SPS guy. I've ran my tank before with a low p04 and Nitrate reading and corals did not seem happy. IMO I think the test kits we use do not measure exacting but do give us a base. The better test kits are very constant as well, I like the Salifert kits myself.

Also looking at those pictures I'd say you need more light. Your hammer/frogspawn, cant tell witch one, is brown. The rock in your tank looks good, does not look like a tank with a p04 or nitrate problem. Your other corals you have posted will just about grow in the dark and they do like dirty water.

in
and alama i cant find phosphate. CAn you tell me where its at? Also i see it says my waters has 3.7 as nitrates, which is not bad at all right?

Last edited:

anizato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using tap water or have you done the right thing and changed to Distilled/RO-DI ??
There is a common ground amongst all of us giving you advice here, your water choice is a MAJOR fail.
I was thinking the other day, if I had your tank, I would (and correct me if I am wrong people) do a 100%WC twice in a week or so. Then gradually decrease the amount, say to
you reach 20% weekly, until all parameters are ideal and coral begin to forgive me.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 100% water change is not the answer, IMO. You take the chance of wiping out the beneficial bacteria and may wipe out the tank.

Are you still using tap water or have you done the right thing and changed to Distilled/RO-DI ??
There is a common ground amongst all of us giving you advice here, your water choice is a MAJOR fail.
I was thinking the other day, if I had your tank, I would (and correct me if I am wrong people) do a 100%WC twice in a week or so. Then gradually decrease the amount, say to
you reach 20% weekly, until all parameters are ideal and coral begin to forgive me.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back