OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep got that covered rob. See i dont understand i thought anenomes were the hardest thing to keep? the nem is doing well but zoos and shrooms arnt..

salttanklife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to raise your salinity slowly would be to use saltwater to top off for evaporation. It'll raise it up slowly and safely

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it wouldnt mess with paremeters too much? why does the one zoas have brown over them? i tried blowing off but didnt work

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3. If you are using an aquarium controller or our new Atlantik which has dimming and full programming capabilities, start with 50% power to the white LEDs and increase by one hour per week until your desired photoperiod is reached.

During this time it is very important to watch your corals to ensure their pigment isn’t turning lighter (bleaching) or any other signs of stress.
If the corals appear to be fading or turning white, slow down the process.

HOW TO ACCLIMATE YOUR CORALS TO LED LIGHTING ? Orphek LED ? Aquarium LED Lighting

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always raise the lights up off the water a bit. What r u feeding them? Raise your SG it is to low. How long has your tank been set up? Can you take a sample of water to you LFS? Have you tried moving the corals around? What is your water change routine? What kind of water are you using? I have a lot of questions!!!!!

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im feeding fish cyclopeeze and corals reef roids. im gonna raise it as it evaperates. or is there another way too do it quicker? my tanks been up for a month. And my lfs uses hydrometers too and he uses a crappy API test kit. I been using tap water for 2.5 years and its fine. i have not done a water-change yet because i wanted to make sure it was fully done cycling!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
IMO, when corals don't look good, one of the first things I will do if it hasn't been done in the last week is to do a water change.
Water changes with a good quality salt will help many aliments.

Regular moderate water changes do more for our tanks than most anything.

anizato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude it isnt about wattage but about the intensity which is measured in PAR. PAR30-PAR38 will keep all and any corals alive and happy. I have a 10gal with an Ecoxotic PAR38. Read up on lighting, you NEED to know more bro.
Your salinity sucks bud, get it up to 1.025, corals need a lot of it.
What water are you using? Ro/di , distilled, tap?
What size koralia? I have 425gph plus AquaClear30 filter at full blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked people on here if those two bulbs will be good, they said yeah. but now there saying no......... And everybody was say hydrometer arnt accurate thats why i didnt take that too serious. im using tap for the last 2.5 years, works fine for me. I have the 240 koralia or 245 whatev one the nano is. Thats alot of flow. My tanks moving pretty good now, def dont think i need another powerhead! Thanks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back