OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble getting the new guy to eat (I think). I have not seen him eat, but he seems ok for now. I got flakes, garlic guard, live brine shrimps, frozen Mysis, 2 kinds of micro pellets, and a chopped frozen blend. Been feeding heavy, so when he hides, he might be eating. I don't think he looks skinny yet...

Any thoughts?
IMG_6313.jpg

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble getting the new guy to eat (I think). I have not seen him eat, but he seems ok for now. I got flakes, garlic guard, live brine shrimps, frozen Mysis, 2 kinds of micro pellets, and a chopped frozen blend. Been feeding heavy, so when he hides, he might be eating. I don't think he looks skinny yet...

Any thoughts?
IMG_6313.jpg
PS, I have had him for two days, No signs of aggression or discord.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been really babying him by dropping crushed flakes and live brine shrimp basically on his head. He has been eating more and more confidently every day. I just fed frozen Mysis and a frozen chopped blend by broadcasting it in the tank. He was eating it! Came out of his little spot to get it.

So glad I will not have to target feed forever.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then the floor is in enough to set it all back up. Tear down was done at 8:30 am. Started reconstruction at 12:30 pm. 4 hours of limbo, not too bad. Insert a "proper" APS stand which I really love due to its increased height for viewing and ease of maintenance.
IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

Priorities were to get the heater and return pump up and running first. Lights came later.
IMG_6131.jpg
I want to see the buck over your fireplace lol

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to see the buck over your fireplace lol
None of them are HUGE, but I like having them around. Easy to invoke good memories with my Dad, Uncles and Cousins in the woods. The first three are all in the living room. The fourth in the bedroom, there are several more in the basement, on the porch and down the stairwell. I have a tolerant wife. She likes the fresh organic, non GMO meat.

image0 (31).jpeg

IMG_6428.jpg
image2 (17).jpeg
image3 (14).jpeg

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And... The odd corner.
image1 (24).jpeg

Today we can see a mushroom, the hitchhiking nem, a limpet, a large brittle starfish arm near the bottom center (hitchhiker), a few small red feather dusters (also hitch hikers) and a photobombing Carpenter's Wrasse.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of them are HUGE, but I like having them around. Easy to invoke good memories with my Dad, Uncles and Cousins in the woods. The first three are all in the living room. The fourth in the bedroom, there are several more in the basement, on the porch and down the stairwell. I have a tolerant wife. She likes the fresh organic, non GMO meat.

image0 (31).jpeg

IMG_6428.jpg
image2 (17).jpeg
image3 (14).jpeg

Nice! I'm lucky my wife tolerates taxidermy as well. She too enjoys the organic meat that comes from wild venison and other critters I'm lucky enough to harvest.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Carpenter's Wrasse was visibly dejected with the loss of his girlfriend. He was hiding and moping about the last couple days. Still eating, but obviously not himself. Since I got the last gorilla crab out, I decided to try another Purple Firefish today.

My LFS had one in their stock for a couple weeks. It was skinny, but looked healthy otherwise. Big enough to NOT jump through my mesh lid. I scooped it up. 45 minute drip acclimation. I fed immediately and it ate immediately.

The wrasse started zooming around the tank and flashing exuberantly. He was obviously very pleased. To the point where he did a backflip into the mesh lid and lifted a scale...

I wonder if he knows it is a different fish? Anyway, it was a nice day.

IMG_6439.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back