Orange torch - what do you think?

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it but they claim the photo and video are unedited and under kessil fixture set to 100% blue and no supplemental lighting. Are they completely lying ? Who knows. They tell me the torch in person looks exactly like the video. They tell me they sell 300 torches a month and don’t mess around. I searched for negative feedback and only found one, and they did step up and offered to make the situation right

Sooo I figure let’s roll the dice and see what shows up at my door, and if it’s right, I’ll be very happy. If it’s not, I’ll take it up with the vendor on the side
Sounds like plan! Hope they commit. Best of luck on it. Look forward of a picture on the forum once you have it

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to see what it ends up being in person, and if it’s not orange, how the situation will be handled
They will argue the fact it looks orange under their lighting.. some gold torches do truly look orange under the right lighting but not jawbreaker orange lol.. it’s just a gold torch

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HECK YEAAAA. I LOVE SELF FRAGGIN!

if you want I'll send you some pulsing aptasia.

Omg yea pulsing aptasia is what I need

Mine don’t even need frag plugs, they will make their own out of your largest or hardest to remove rocks, and they are so friendly they will share plugs with your most valuable of corals!

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer, it was sold as an ultra gold, and the sellers photo it was yellow. But in person it’s more of a pastel orange under the blues. And under whites it’s like a copper color. If I photo it with a lens, it appears gold. It’s close but it’s not like it is in person.

The seller of the orange torch also told me he stopped using lenses because they don’t always capture real life properly. That’s why he got the 4k underwater camera. And when says this is accurate to real life

I just tried all different light and lens combos and I can’t get that light orange hue that I see in person to photograph properly on my hammer

I wonder if that’s what these torches are like…a gold variation that has fluorescence / orange tone

In reality it’s the same exact color as the orange in my plate coral, only it shows up properly for the plate but not the hammer

5FD974B2-9305-4F50-BDC1-4FD7D797E924.jpeg 82D67475-AD6C-4145-B9EC-0654963ED559.jpeg 878E0388-51B7-4DE7-8A35-7CAA9C76BB23.jpeg 685AAC43-165D-4A94-817A-D7B05BC902E8.jpeg

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer, it was sold as an ultra gold, and the sellers photo it was yellow. But in person it’s more of a pastel orange under the blues. And under whites it’s like a copper color. If I photo it with a lens, it appears gold. It’s close but it’s not like it is in person.

The seller of the orange torch also told me he stopped using lenses because they don’t always capture real life properly. That’s why he got the 4k underwater camera. And when says this is accurate to real life

I just tried all different light and lens combos and I can’t get that light orange hue that I see in person to photograph properly on my hammer

I wonder if that’s what these torches are like…a gold variation that has fluorescence / orange tone

In reality it’s the same exact color as the orange in my plate coral, only it shows up properly for the plate but not the hammer

5FD974B2-9305-4F50-BDC1-4FD7D797E924.jpeg 82D67475-AD6C-4145-B9EC-0654963ED559.jpeg 878E0388-51B7-4DE7-8A35-7CAA9C76BB23.jpeg 685AAC43-165D-4A94-817A-D7B05BC902E8.jpeg
It's gunna be really hard to get what you see in real life. I can't get it right. If I adjust too far you see all the alge if I don't go far enough it's just blue.

Same as w/orange filter. I could go make a bleached acro I have and make it look orange with a filter and call it a orange blast acro.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I do understand

But I promise you, standing in front of my tank, that hammer coral and the light orangish color on the plate - they match. But for some reason in pictures the plate comes out accurate - like a light orange highlighter and the hammer comes out more golden.

I asked the seller to take pictures with blue lights and a orange filter and he said with a phone camera and orange filter it just comes out gold / yellow and doesn’t match real life. And that’s exactly what’s going on with my hammer.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back