Orange torch - what do you think?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you all think about these videos / pictures / comments from members?

Do these actually exist and a few are lucky enough to have them?

8709F08B-0CBD-44B1-84B3-3D484DAD1BB3.png D5A35FD0-765A-49B0-98F2-7B8E3B4697DC.png 5889E359-71BC-494D-A825-8184D0F7C106.png 87E98425-71D2-4A91-A310-40232C7EF50A.jpeg
1F902561-9C1A-4FFB-8382-BCD06AD68FF9.png CA26F3F5-192B-4A26-86F0-DDBC33FC9BA3.jpeg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, every last one of those posters are all a bunch of liars?
No such thing as an orange torch. All photoshop.

But when you see one in person, you will want it! I've seen a few, not necessarily these in person and they are sweet.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, every last one of those posters are all a bunch of liars?
No such thing as an orange torch. All photoshop.

But when you see one in person, you will want it! I've seen a few, not necessarily these in person and they are sweet.

Sorry, I don’t pick up on your intended tone. Are you saying they are all fakes or that they do exist?

If someone accuses a vendor of editing the video, how is this achieved when nothing is ovedsaturated blue, and other reference things are the correct / expected colors ?

Here’s another one I found
65D7DE1C-AFA2-49FD-80DD-766627F3E308.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I don’t pick up on your intended tone. Are you saying they are all fakes or that they do exist?

If someone accuses a vendor of editing the video, how is this achieved when nothing is ovedsaturated blue, and other reference things are the correct / expected colors ?

I thought you were doubting their existance, and I was saying (in a crappy way) that these torches are real but it is impossible to know what they look like unless you can see them in person, and play with the light diodes to see them under various spectrum outputs. A lot of these torches look ok in white light, but many don't show their colors unless the lighting is correct. When they do, you will want one, because they are beautiful.

The vendors often adjust their lights to bring out the best colors, it's just how we take family pictures, right? :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard both that orange torch does exist, and I have heard they don’t. Both sides have compelling stories and insists they are right.

I have wanted one for many many years but I’ve always felt, they don’t exist, the pictures are edited, etc.

And then yesterday I reached out to a vendor claiming to have orange torch…
I talked to them a bunch, they insist that under blue lighting, with no filters or glasses or anything, the torch is orange in person. They confirmed it is not gold or yellow, it’s orange and matches their picture. I told them it’s hard for me to believe but Im interested if it truly is orange.

The vendor told me they would go take a video and they have a 4k underwater camera that was over $1000 and they bought it just because of its ability to capture true to life colors of their corals and that the video looks exactly like the coral does in person, and there is no editing or filters or tricks.

Less than 10 min later, they sent me a link to a freshly uploaded YouTube short of the coral for sale. It’s the second video in the first post, names “2 heads orange”. The cooresponding image for the video is the photo with the black background.

I believe them and can’t see how this can be edited or fake. They tell me it looks exactly like the video to the naked eye

I want this to be true. I hope it’s true. But I still feel skeptical and will find out in a few days.

Has anyone actually seen any orange torch in person?

I told them if this comes in and is orange or yellow I will be upset. They told me…it’s orange. it’s kept / photographed under kessil a360we 100% blue, 320 par

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard both that orange torch does exist, and I have heard they don’t. Both sides have compelling stories and insists they are right.

I have wanted one for many many years but I’ve always felt, they don’t exist, the pictures are edited, etc.

I talked to them a bunch, they insist that under blue lighting, with no filters or glasses or anything, the torch is orange in person. They confirmed it is not gold or yellow, it’s orange and matches their picture. I told them it’s hard for me to believe but Im interested if it truly is orange.

The vendor told me they would go take a video and they have a 4k underwater camera that was over $1000 and they bought it just because of its ability to capture true to life colors of their corals and that the video looks exactly like the coral does in person, and there is no editing or filters or tricks.

Less than 10 min later, they sent me a link to a freshly uploaded YouTube short of the coral for sale. It’s the second video in the first post, names “2 heads orange”. The cooresponding image for the video is the photo with the black background.

I believe them and can’t see how this can be edited or fake. They tell me it looks exactly like the video to the naked eye

I want this to be true. I hope it’s true. But I still feel skeptical and will find out in a few days.

I told them if this comes in and is orange or yellow I will be upset. They told me…it’s orange. it’s kept / photographed under kessil a360we 100% blue, 320 par
How much???
Also video?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much???
Also video?

It’s two fully developed heads

Original price was 500
Reduced to 400 shipped

There was a promo the vendor posted that all orders by midnight yesterday get a free bonus. Orders on this price range for the top tier gift - free orange hammer (150$ normally)

I asked for a photo of the hammer as well

Attachments

• 3936CA83-D785-42C9-95FD-CD14FF9616C4.jpeg
    3936CA83-D785-42C9-95FD-CD14FF9616C4.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 4CC793E4-81EC-4FC5-A137-FEB05EA56D42.jpeg
    4CC793E4-81EC-4FC5-A137-FEB05EA56D42.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 46

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s two fully developed heads

Original price was 500
Reduced to 400 shipped

There was a promo the vendor posted that all orders by midnight yesterday get a free bonus. Orders on this price range for the top tier gift - free orange hammer (150$ normally)

I asked for a photo of the hammer as well

Seems cheap for such a rare coral. Sadly still outta my price range.

I bet I could keep it and grow it like crazy.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am glad you are getting your orange, and I hope/trust it will overwhelm you with gladness when you see it in your tank.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People above in this thread have claimed to see them in person. And another said she owned a Jersey corals orange torch and vouched for them it was orange.

No but this looks beautiful! Curious if anyone has one

On Wednesday…a package will arrive at my door and my 10 years of wondering - if they exist - will finally have an answer

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

sun god are more of a yellow/gold color not really orange. Most of these pictures u posted i would bet 99% of them are a bright gold coloration on the torch. Ive personally never seen a "orange" torch. i've only been in the hobby for 5 years now though so would love to see an orange if urs turns out to be orange.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A YouTube video that does not appear over saturated - look at the pvc pipe and the persons hand, and the frag plug

One from many years ago, a member on RC
A54749A6-D494-4C6A-BA17-A8C67064674F.png

And more pics from reputable vendors unique corals and JKR
402B8562-1EC3-4D9C-A159-9CDB3A02672F.jpeg
6C1C17E4-6962-42B7-BCC9-9027A83C9356.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back