Orange torch - what do you think?

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was stationed in Wyoming circa 2004 there was a LFS in Fort Collins CO, that had an orengish-red torch for sale. Since then I've never seen another.
I am very good friends with Seth(owner) Underwater wonders. LFS STORE in Fort Collins!

Great guy I’d recommend him to anybody. Best reef store in Colorado that’s for sure! Nothing compares to his displays, selection of colors and tons of all colors of the rainbow!

Call him up! mention me and he’ll get you some info and you might even have some luck finding a any color torch! (Even orange if they exist). He’s always got rare corals and pushes to have it lol. He keeps like 95% of his corals for in-person customers ONLY! because on like 5% corals he has on the online store.

Last time I checked he had well over 20 torches or even more in his displays with bright yellow, greens, what I thought looked like orange… idk it’s been a while. Let him know I said Hi. Lol

Last edited:

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very good friends with Seth(owner) Underwater wonders. LFS STORE in Fort Collins!

Great guy I’d recommend him to anybody. Best reef store in Colorado that’s for sure! Nothing compares to his displays, selection of colors and tons of all colors of the rainbow!

Call him up! mention me and he’ll get you some info and you might even have some luck finding a any color torch! (Even orange if they exist). He’s always got rare corals and pushes to have it lol. He keeps like 95% of his corals for in-person customers ONLY! because on like 5% corals he has on the online store.

Last time I checked he had well over 20 torches or even more in his displays with bright yellow, greens, what I thought looked like orange… idk it’s been a while. Let him know I said Hi. Lol
@VintageReefer

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@williamCreery
What’s this embedded in one of their banners/headers….could it be?

Edit: never mind looks like an anemone. Got ahead of myself lol
A22F056E-426B-4DFC-8154-AF72AA3002EE.png

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems to be an industry standard to call them orange torches. Here is one from POTO if you look at the green torches in the background and the highlight this is achieved by adding more cyan to an orange filter shot or a customized white balance shot

By looking at the green torch I know this is closer to a jester torch.
IMG_7031.jpeg

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be an industry standard to call them orange torches. Here is one from POTO if you look at the green torches in the background and the highlight this is achieved by adding more cyan to an orange filter shot or a customized white balance shot

IMG_7031.jpeg

I just don’t know what POTO or anyone else expects to come out of these sales. I guarantee that torch is more like a jester or knicks

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just don’t know what POTO or anyone else expects to come out of these sales. I guarantee that torch is more like a jester or knicks
looks like my jester torch I grow, maybe I need to change it to orange torch and photoshop my pictures. Guaranteed to look better in your tank than mine, this is why I say I have crappy photography skills.

Jester torch, oh wait orange torch

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Knicks are different, you can find a legit nick photo on my instagram photo.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple of the 'orange' ones from Jersey Corals (in the OP), and they look great. Their color has changed from a orangesicle hue to more of a orange-yellow as they have settled into the tank, but they are still very much look like the pics posted here.

I got a bunch of other torches from Jersey Corals in that same order and all are doing well and look wonderful.

I will say the best looking torch in my tank though is hands down the CC 21 Tails Torch from Jason Fox.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Send me the banana torches for $80 guy:). I mean i feel like we all knew the torch wasnt going to be orange . If it was that rare they would have no problem selling it to you for hundreds more . Also yes all the pictures are doctored , the poto ones are a great example as well . I think there is too much wiggle room for vendors when it comes to disputes.. well under "my lighting " , my water chemistry" blahblah .

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple of the 'orange' ones from Jersey Corals (in the OP), and they look great. Their color has changed from a orangesicle hue to more of a orange-yellow as they have settled into the tank, but they are still very much look like the pics posted here.

I got a bunch of other torches from Jersey Corals in that same order and all are doing well and look wonderful.

I will say the best looking torch in my tank though is hands down the CC 21 Tails Torch from Jason Fox.

Can you post pictures of the orange one when you got it and what it turned into now?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me the banana torches for $80 guy:). I mean i feel like we all knew the torch wasnt going to be orange . If it was that rare they would have no problem selling it to you for hundreds more . Also yes all the pictures are doctored , the poto ones are a great example as well . I think there is too much wiggle room for vendors when it comes to disputes.. well under "my lighting " , my water chemistry" blahblah .

I buy from a wholesaler direct, they supply coral to LFS and some well known vendors

here are two I bought direct

80$
3980074C-94BF-45AE-8AFF-51C0B49EACB4.png

This short stem banana was $90, it’s in my 15g Waterbox

238DE32E-4AC4-41AC-BEB4-731D026962A9.jpeg
93BF6939-442E-43E1-9FCC-517951C353F5.jpeg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7031.jpeg

Screenshot_20240316_112651_Gallery.jpg

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahha! So this fool was trying to pass off a green yellow tipped octo as a true orange octo. I called him out on it and he doubled down. Why is this shady guy allowed to continue to do business here? What I find interesting is he is selling it for $99, yes this can be higher than a Green yellow tipped octo but it's not normal pricing for orange octos. I know, I own one. So not sure what he gains? Why even bother lying just sell it for what it is. I posted my octo under normal daylight to show how utterly green his is, and either the guy is stupid, colorblind, or a scammer.

My pest tank has this under a kessil. It's yellow AF.
20240324_173422.jpg

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yellow under kessil = yellow. As suspected.

I guarantee there is no color combination that can make that yellow look orange

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a few days ago I see this and chime in. It is OBVIOUSLY not an orange octo spawn.

Screenshot_20240324_174602_Chrome.jpg

So I reply with mine under daylight.

Screenshot_20240324_174609_Chrome.jpg

So what gives dude? I called you out before I saw this post and you tried to play. You are right up there with those scammer lid builders that shall not be named. Be better. At least you are only selling it for $99 because you know you would get ganged on if you tried to pull real orange octo $$ numbers. Just stop. I'm telling my neighbor's friend's mom about you.

Now if you will excuse me I need to lead my pawns into battle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back