Plumbing from copper pipe to RODI

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the middle of my home remodel, and I’m currently getting my RODI plumbing set. I will have the contractors T off of our new refrigerator water line, but I need to know what to use to do this. Do I just get a saddle valve piercing thing? Or is there a better way? The walls are wide open so I can do anything at this point.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several ways you could go with that.... Could tee in the wall and have two separate stops installed at the wall or tee in the actual tubing as they use the same size and have a valve right before the rodi unit. All depends on what your end goal is, and how accessible that spot is.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went a different route and rather than feed the fridge with tap water and tee off that for RO I teed off the ro before the di and ran that to the fridge so we have RO for ice and drinking water. We have strong chlorine tasting tap water. Probably not needed if you have good tasting tap water.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of T would work best? I know there might be some with a built in valve.
Not sure I follow without being able to see what you're working with. The best thing to do if everything is open is to run new 1/2" copper from your fridge to wherever your RO/DI is going and stub out a dedicated angle stop. Assuming that you're using a plumber, it should be an easy job.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back