Potters angel

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one several years ago in a reef tank without any issues. I did not have clams, but I did have big fleshy brains and he never touched a thing. They are simply beautiful fish and I will probably try another after I move my wife's fish into her new tank.

OP
OP
Masomaniac

Masomaniac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received him a few minutes ago and he is looking great doesn't look like he is to stressed out still has beautiful color. But they did short me my yellowhead jawfish so now I need to find out why.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received him a few minutes ago and he is looking great doesn't look like he is to stressed out still has beautiful color. But they did short me my yellowhead jawfish so now I need to find out why.

Great! I hope he's a model citizen like so many others on here. I went with my Potter's instead of a Flame due to their apparent more reef safe temperament.... at least that's what I tell myself. In reality I went into the LFS looking for a Flame, was awestruck by the amazing blue contrast of the Potter's, and walked out with him.

OP
OP
Masomaniac

Masomaniac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been acclimating for close to 2 hrs now. Potters are much more beautiful than I imagined.

IMG_20170223_114926.jpeg

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful looking Potters, definitely one of my favorites! I would treat with 2 rounds of prazipro once he gets settled in or while/if you're doing TTM as flukes can be a concern with these guys...

OP
OP
Masomaniac

Masomaniac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself don't normally medicate unless they become ill. The only thing I do in QT all time is hyposalinity.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself don't normally medicate unless they become ill. The only thing I do in QT all time is hyposalinity.
As a grazer potters wrasses are susceptible to internal parasites and prazi is one of the 'gentler' meds.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a grazer potters wrasses are susceptible to internal parasites and prazi is one of the 'gentler' meds.
Agree fully. I myself do not like to medicate unless absolutely necessary but in the case of angels and wrasses I just assume the all have flukes. I do this in combination with TTM and it has proven very successful on all fish including angels...

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, you don't know a fish has flukes until its too late. I guess you could always to a freshwater dip to make sure they are not carry flukes.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't handle being shipped as well as other Centropyge. Once past the first couple of weeks they are just as hardy as other dwarf angels. Potter's are a 'safer' species in a reef, comparable to flames and coral beauties.
I will add that they're more sensitive to water conditions than most common centropyge even once established, often one of the first fish to succumb if your husbandry begins to slack.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just recently was lucky enough to find one of these in my LFS. Acclimated for 2 hours, wouldn't eat for the first 2 days. Went and bought fresh nori which got his appetite going. 3 weeks later, now eating Nori, flake food, mysis shrimp and even trapped a pellet. So far, no picking at any corals (of any variety). Hoping this little guy lives a long time :)
IMG_6348.JPG

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those colors true to life? A lot more yellow vs the orange of mine. I like it!

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are those colors true to life? A lot more yellow vs the orange of mine. I like it!
Dues to size mostly I think. No editing, just straight iPhone with T5's and LED daylight combo. Phone doesn't do color justice especially the neon blue's on this lil dude. Another iPhone image (no editing) and by far the coolest fish I've had yet. Still a bit shy as you can see
IMG_6115.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back