Potters angel

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the blues are gorgeous, but definitely hard to catch in my experience. Mine was shy for about 2 weeks, now he actively swims around - in the column, darting through tiny tunnels in rocks that I didn't even know I built, and even hanging out with my female long fin clown. I have noticed him go at my male phantom clown a couple of times. The female has been really pestering the male and I'm thinking the Potter's might just be joining in while it lasts.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time dwarf angels act up is when they are under stress. Just like any other fish. Feed a balanced diet and good husbandry and there should not be any problems. Never had any with this guy.

pa.jpg

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree fully. I myself do not like to medicate unless absolutely necessary but in the case of angels and wrasses I just assume the all have flukes. I do this in combination with TTM and it has proven very successful on all fish including angels...

You know that TTM is only "effective" on ich, right...?

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any feedback or experience having a Potter and a African Flameback in the same tank and no aggression behavior?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need some help here. Update and you can see why I'm kinda freakin. All parameters in line and balanced consistently for the last 60 days. My LFS and myself believe some of Acan's are shriveling and one dead from the recent Potter addition. There's still a slight chance its my 2 new additional T-5's but I acclimated the corals to the light slowly for about 30 days and they were doing better and better the more light I gave them. You can see how some Acan's are doing great just like all other corals but a few Acan's are going south fast. What are your thoughts, Potter or something else(light addition)? BTW I had my LFS also testing while this has been going on just to be sure my test were accurate.

Never had this issue until I went out of town for 2 days and didn't feed the fish. I had been on a routine for feeding them for quite a while, thats the only other change. I've left several days without feeding before but my only other fish were a Hippo,Foxface and two clowns. Never had them picking at corals while I was away.

This shows my blasto's,Zoa's,Acro doing great but Acan not so much
IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

Now These show my healthy Acan's , same tank
IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

Any help is greatly appreciated!

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, one more update. I just observed my Potter Angel picking at an Acan (Micromussa). Sure enough after the Potter picked at the coral it retracted back and showing skeleton only. I fed the angel 3 times today so it's not like it was starving. I think what happened was when I went out of town for two days and the fish went w/o food for the first time in a long time the Potter began picking at the corals. I believe it then developed an appetite for the coral in some way. Now the fun part of some how getting him out :confused:

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just recently started nipping at corals when I put a bunch (18) in at once on a new frag rack. :(. It's so rare though, that I never see him do it anymore. The Micros are open at night though, so at this point he gets to stay for a while. Bummed though, he was never even close to interested until all of those frags came in on a buffet table.

OP
OP
Masomaniac

Masomaniac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say this but I lost mine a week ago due to unknown causes and I hate it. He was eating great and everything and I came home from work one day to find him at the bottom. Definitely not going to give up but going to do way more research on this beautiful fish before purchasing another.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say this but I lost mine a week ago due to unknown causes and I hate it. He was eating great and everything and I came home from work one day to find him at the bottom. Definitely not going to give up but going to do way more research on this beautiful fish before purchasing another.

I'd be ok with mine dying if he keeps nipping at my corals. Impossible to catch without ripping apart at least half of the tank.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what Potter's are notorious for. I've had a few over the years, eating great, active, then dead.

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for bumping a 2 year old thread but I just picked up a potters last night (Elos 120xl mixed reef). Definitely skiddish! Enjoys mysis so far. Will try nori. Any help with keeping this fish long term would be greatly appreciated.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for bumping a 2 year old thread but I just picked up a potters last night (Elos 120xl mixed reef). Definitely skiddish! Enjoys mysis so far. Will try nori. Any help with keeping this fish long term would be greatly appreciated.
Mixed diet. mine really likes LRS Frozen food because it contains a little bit of everything. That with nori strips and you'll be good to go ;)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a more recent potters angel thread BTW. Not sure the posts were materially different LOL, just more recent.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back