Potters angel

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a more recent potters angel thread BTW. Not sure the posts were materially different LOL, just more recent.

apologies. This one had a good number of replies and was a bit older. Hoping there were individuals in this thread that were able to keep the fish for over 3 years!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apologies. This one had a good number of replies and was a bit older. Hoping there were individuals in this thread that were able to keep the fish for over 3 years!
i haven't had mine quite that long. Actually i've only had mine about 4 or 5 months. but i'm hoping to make it that and longer :D

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No apologies necessary, just wanted to make sure you saw the other one. I posted in this older thread back in 2017 ... always makes me cringe to see what I said back then .... The potters I had back than was acquired in 2014, so I had had it about three years. That fish had originally come to me with ich, so it spent a long time in QT. Was literally the fattest fish in my tank. They don’t handle change well, and mine died in a tank changeover in late 2017. My current one is now about 18 months under my care. The key to longevity with them IMO is plenty of grazing real estate.

Last edited:

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That worries me since I made my aquascape with just two islands. I’ll get some nori and a few clips today to keep it fed. I’m sorry for your experience and I hope I didn’t trigger any PTSD! I hope you have much more success with the new fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back