REEF KINETICS is a potential GAME CHANGER! Auto Water Tester

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fool me once, shame on you....

Big promises were made like this at Dallas macna from a company selling/pushing a automated testing machine that never happened. I believe ppl are still trying to get back deposits for those.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All I can say at this point is that the fact that they have a working demonstration model at MACNA and financial backing is extremely encouraging to me. I understand that the reefing community has been hoping for something like this for a long time (and we've been told it was going to happen before), but this seems a lot closer to production than anything I've seen yet.

FDAWG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hobby is evolving and it's just a matter of time until we're able to have our parameters on demand. This item will only make sense to the hardcore reefers that have $$$$ inside their glass box and want to protect their investment.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe ppl are still trying to get back deposits for those.

Where did you get that understanding? I pledged the mind stream fundraising effort at the highest level but no deposit was ever taken. They never met the minimum raise amount, which I think was $300,000.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get that understanding? I pledged the mind stream fundraising effort at the highest level but no deposit was ever taken. They never met the minimum raise amount, which I think was $300,000.

I'm not talking about the mindstream, it was the thrive aquatics water lab.

ERIC1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bit pricey thought. I talked to the guys there and they said it's about $600 for the "brain" unit and one of the those "glass dome" unit. Each glass dome unit can only do 2 tests... As most tests require 2 different reagents....except for Alk test. Additional "glass dome" unit can be added for additional $2-300. So depending on how many things you want to test for....it could be well over a grand. Plus the cost of the reagents.
And it only test and give you results you still need to take action to maintain your parameters.

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works and it accurate it's worth it. Readings sent to my phone. If alk or cal low. Pull up apex on phone and adjust dosers. All while sitting on the couch with my feet up, watching the news. Priceless. You can dream. But I don't see this coming to market anytime soon. But I wish them the best.

TylerS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's just me, but I won't be automating anything with a tester like this. It's yet another way for an equipment failure to crash your tank. If you have everything on dosers you shouldn't have any immediate or large changes that require continuous adjustments unless you have an equipment failure or reservoir depletion.

I would use it as a continuous monitor with alerts so I would know when I need to check into problems on the tank without having to test every few days.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great looking product, they estimated price would be around $850 for the hub and one pod that will do two different tests each reagent capsule will hold enough reagent for 50 tests, additional pods (each pod does two tests would be around $200) pricing is a swag at this point. the estimated release next year. One very cool feature is that you can calibrate to use your own reagents.

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking at the picture now and thinking that thing is huge. Already have a new business idea. I can make decorative covers for the pods. Xmas, Halloween, etc. The the wife would let me keep it on the stand next to the tank. If only they played Xmas music.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back