OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got 4 more sps yesterday, my friends dad has an amazing sps display and he hooked it up with a whole bunch of free frags :D he gave me some type of branching montipora with an amazing maroon/gold color then a piece of an amazing tri color valida then a green branching montipora and the best part is hes trimming his entire tank next month and he said i could stop by and get some more free frags !!! pic will be up in a few hours

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just did a 5g water change and took all my rocks out scrubbed them because they had some wierd brown looking film on them, kinda looked like diatoms but it was starting to annoy me, I put all the rock back in the tank and then I put the sps back into their place, and while the pumps were off I took some more top down shots :D
The blue tipped acro is crazy it looks like Everytime i see it it has a new color, this time it's a vibrant teal base with rich blue tips & green polyps

rUHfgdB.jpg

The green slimmer is one of my favorite right now the green is crazy vibrant and is my fastest growing so far

xYXB3G3.jpg

New additions:
Tri color valida
1CVIO02.jpg

Found out that the coral I thought was a montipora is actually a spongode

gcJW5wG.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I've posted a FTS yet so here it is :) heading down to the LFS right now will update with pics of what I get
3ldQkCP.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't done much of an update... We ended up not going to the lfs so still no fish :( but I did pick up some materials to make a screen top so my future wrasse won't have to worry about carpet surfing, also did a major rock work changes I noticed that the back and under of my rock structure weren't getting enough flow so I took out some rocks on the back opened up the underside and made a few more arches pics up soon !

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the smell of skimmate in the morning lol my skimmer has been beasting it up getting awesome dark black gunk that smells like death haha here's a pic !
WRi5YCu.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FISH ARE IN !!

I cleaned up my biocube yesterday and I decided to take out a few things to put into my new setup, I caught and moved my clown pair & my splendid dottyback what a pain that was :tongue: but I got them acclimated along with my poor frogspawn colony that got bleached by the halides :( but anyway what's an update without pics right ?

By far hardest pic to get all 3 of them in the same frame :
DNksQwe.jpg

Clown pair one misbar the other is just a regular clown lol
UT9jfgE.jpg

Best pic I could get of the dottyback
Zj1k0Hv.jpg

Here's a cool top down of the poor frogspawn colony under the intense new lighting its even on the sandbed, and some of my other frags starting to grow nicely green slimmer has fully encrusted the the plug and the blue tipped acro has started to grow onto the rock face :high5:
uDLLtWy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just left auqa SD :D I picked up a few fish & a whole bunch of sps ! Will has an amazing store we'll worth the drive for me his fish selection was great and they were all in outstanding health he really does take great care of his livestock and his sps display tanks are amazing ! Truely eye candy with every color of the rainbow there is lots to choose from ! I highly recommend him to anyone with a sweet tooth for coral or exotic fish, he had the best retail store I have seen to date. Sneak peak of what I got :
gpteVke.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for pics of what I bought :D
Everything acclimating for 1 hour
2sfjIxs.jpg

Lyretail anthias trio 1 M/ 2 F
UXXrxFr.jpg

WiUlrcG.jpg

My potters wrasse is still hanging out in the sand, so I'll get pics of her when she comes out
Now into corals !!
Sps:
Golden Millie
W87gwoi.jpg

Yellow tenius + the forgotten name acro
jCrIXco.jpg

Red planet
JEsLlsW.jpg

And the other two that I forgot the names of
BXadByQ.jpg

I0FdRRt.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sad news... both the female anthias died out of nowhere, they were eating everyday and looked good im suspecting flukes because i dont know what else it could be

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the male sadly surcomed the same fate as his gfs :( im not sure what happened they all looked great then the females died and it was downhill for the male from then on.... but on the other hand the potters wrasse is doing outstanding and is easily my favorite fish to watch they have so much personality i love to watch her swim around and pick the rocks for food its awesome

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better picture of my little wrasse that pic didn't really show her true color
vf4xaKx.jpg

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure if I wanted to continue this thread or not but I've decided I will, terrible news for everyone though :( I went on vacation and put the lives of my corals in my amazing neighbor ( sarcasm ) long story short she overfed the hell out of the tank and I don't know if she knew or not but my heater blew out while I was gone dropping the tanks temp way way down killing all of my loved corals. So the ever cooling water in combination with high nitrites and phosphate spelt certain doom for every coral except my red monti..... But on the bright side my clowns and wrasse are still doing good. Time to get everything back to normal and try again.....

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank back to normal, my params are back in check I'm going to do another major water change then I'm going to start restocking the tank I'm going to start with fish and hold off on corals for a little, everything going into the tank is going to be some type of wrasse and I've been eyeing to get a venustus angel

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ! Too bad none of those pieces survived my vacation...... :Cry:
But my fish are fine and everything's starting to get back to normal I finished putting sand in my fuge and got a light hung up under it. Currently growing chaeto in there until I can get some red mangroves to put into it.
FqWbnfb.jpg

Tank looks so bare now :( but Ive been getting my params back to normal and I'm going to be getting some more sps here shortly bit this is the tank as of now
kSX1MXd.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 3 more fishies a few minutes ago ! On my way home now pics up soon when they get out of acclimation
Mcoskers flasher wrasse
Exquisite wrasse
Red head solar wrasse

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back