Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you who have made screen covers for your reefers - have you cut out an area for the overflow or just kept it as a rectangle shape?
You have to make a cutout unless you are not going to keep the cover. If you remove the cover than i guess you could just go and cover it but if you need access you will have to remove the top all the time.

reefm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to make a cutout unless you are not going to keep the cover. If you remove the cover than i guess you could just go and cover it but if you need access you will have to remove the top all the time.

also keep in mind that if you decide to use light mounts (e.g. Radion RMS) your screen cover will need to accomodate them too.

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

adestafi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want an Apex but I keep adding extras not sure if I will order the lid and push the Apex out a but more or just get the apex and wait on the lid. I have had in jumper so far but I was able to save the Flame Hawk that was months ago and she hasn't tried it again.

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Reefer 250 owner do me the favor of measuring the distance from the inside front glass to the overflow box? I made a mock up of the Reefer 250 to help me aquascape my dry rock, but haven't actually bought the Reefer 250 yet to force me to be patient while I cycle my dry rock. Thanks!

Between, I've also been eyeing the ClearView lid myself and would love to see pics of anyone here who gets one for their Reefer.

cmador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely going with them. Going to go see the lid on the tank at the R2R booth at RAP tomorrow.

Let us know what you think. I've done the dyi top before, but thinking of making the investment in one of these. Want to make sure they're worth the big $$. Thanks.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. You can go to their thread here and ask the many of others that have already ordered and received theirs. I hear nothing but good things so far. Love that they are so willing to add cut ins for cords and mounts for no extra cost.

Let us know what you think. I've done the dyi top before, but thinking of making the investment in one of these. Want to make sure they're worth the big $$. Thanks.

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

Need some assistance please!!!!!! I'm on day 11 of my cycle using red sea mature program. I'm also using red sea's coral pro salt. Question I have is I have never been in the range to add KH Coralline grow? My DKH is constantly staying around 11? Using live sand and real reef rock. I know the salt already is at 12 DKH but why is it not dropping if I've only done 1 5% water change? Also I'm still reading .02 on the red sea tests. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

Need some assistance please!!!!!! I'm on day 11 of my cycle using red sea mature program. I'm also using red sea's coral pro salt. Question I have is I have never been in the range to add KH Coralline grow? My DKH is constantly staying around 11? Using live sand and real reef rock. I know the salt already is at 12 DKH but why is it not dropping if I've only done 1 5% water change? Also I'm still reading .02 on the red sea tests. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks
.02 on ammonia

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using it (This is the third tank I've used it on) and I've never used a drop ever.

I also hit day 14 which was suppose to be the day I add my fish. Nitrates and Nitrites were off the charts! D: I'll have to wait until they are down to add them :/ The other two times I used it the parameters were perfect for the fish.

Hey Reefers,

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Reefer 250 owner do me the favor of measuring the distance from the inside front glass to the overflow box? I made a mock up of the Reefer 250 to help me aquascape my dry rock, but haven't actually bought the Reefer 250 yet to force me to be patient while I cycle my dry rock. Thanks!

Between, I've also been eyeing the ClearView lid myself and would love to see pics of anyone here who gets one for their Reefer.

Its 15 inches frim inside of glass to overflow. Overflow starts 12 inches from both sides and is 10-1/2 wide

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using it (This is the third tank I've used it on) and I've never used a drop ever.

I also hit day 14 which was suppose to be the day I add my fish. Nitrates and Nitrites were off the charts! D: I'll have to wait until they are down to add them :/ The other two times I used it the parameters were perfect for the fish.
Sounds good. Were you able to grow Coralline algae on the back of your tank at all with it?

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used a drop of it ever. It says if you are going to do a fish only system to keep using it after the mature kit is over but we wanted to add corals so it suggested using the NoPoX instead of it. I think Coralline algea will grow naturally over time and isn't something I'm worried about getting off the start.

Sounds good. Were you able to grow Coralline algae on the back of your tank at all with it?

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used a drop of it ever. It says if you are going to do a fish only system to keep using it after the mature kit is over but we wanted to add corals so it suggested using the NoPoX instead of it. I think Coralline algea will grow naturally over time and isn't something I'm worried about getting off the start.
Awesome sounds good to me I care about getting those corals in there once things get stable. Did you ever contemplate on adding one more round of bacto start and nitro bac?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back