Simon's 450

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I decided to take the advice I’ve dispensed regularly over the years ….. don’t panic or over-react. Spoke to the builder and he advised keeping an eye on it and not to intervene. Nothing has changed in a month …..
I might grab my caliper and measure it as closely as I reasonably could. Speaking of which, I need to get a new battery for it. I should have gotten a mechanical caliper instead of electronic.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After waiting an appropriate period of time to see if interest/energy would return (it has not :)), I have decided to shut my tanks down and sell off all the livestock and equipment. I have begun to place for sale adds for a few select livestock items, but feel free to PM me if there is any further interest. For now, livestock will be local pickup. Equipment won't be advertised until all livestock is gone and the tanks shut down (probably March).

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After waiting an appropriate period of time to see if interest/energy would return (it has not :)), I have decided to shut my tanks down and sell off all the livestock and equipment. I have begun to place for sale adds for a few select livestock items, but feel free to PM me if there is any further interest. For now, livestock will be local pickup. Equipment won't be advertised until all livestock is gone and the tanks shut down (probably March).

Wishing you the best. As an aside I bet it will be fun trying to catch all those damsels :)

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that Simon! Will you be leaving the hobby or are you gonna start a smaller setup?
Probably not. My interests have just gone elsewhere (and my sons are now in college so not avaible to help with maintenance).

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to see you go but I too realized without help with my health I had to drastically reduce the number of tanks I keep. It has sparked interest anew for me. Good luck in all you do my friend.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish that will be available (I WILL DO AN ACTUAL FOR SALE POST IN A WEEK OR TWO):

(Unless otherwise noted, tangs are about 5-6")

Longnose black tang - $1,200
Achilles - dealing with some ich - $200
Hippo Tang (not a yellow belly; 7") - $150
Sub-adult vlamingii - $100
Red sea purple tang - $250
Adult Chevron (7") - $250
Lemonpeel (Around 3 1/2' and actually well behaved with coral) - $50
Red Sea Asfur (6") - $250
Misc anthias (3") - $40 each
Pair of black ocellaris (3") - $100
Few Talbot damsels (1 1/2") - $15 each
Whole bunch of yellow tail damsels (1 1/2") - $7 each
Zebra eel (in the 24-30" range) - $200
Red Hawkfish (3") - $40
Two ambon damsels (3") - $5 each

FOR NOW, PICKUP ONLY EITHER ON OR SOON AFTER MARCH 19th

Last edited:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish that will be available (I WILL DO AN ACTUAL FOR SALE POST IN A WEEK OR TWO):

(Unless otherwise noted, tangs are about 5-6")

Longnose black tang - $1,500
Achilles - dealing with some ich - $200
Hippo Tang (not a yellow belly; 7") - $150
Sub-adult vlamingii - $100
Red sea purple tang - $250
Adult Chevron (7") - $300
Lemonpeel (Around 3 1/2' and actually well behaved with coral) - $50
Red Sea Asfur (6") - $250
Misc anthias (3") - $40 each
Pair of black ocellaris (3") - $100
Few Talbot damsels (1 1/2") - $15 each
Whole bunch of yellow tail damsels (1 1/2") - $7 each
Zebra eel (in the 24-30" range) - $200
Two ambon damsels (3") - $5 each

The very large purple mag is free to anyone that has the space.

FOR NOW, PICKUP ONLY ON MARCH 19th

The lemonpeel - I remember that lad from a few videos. It was a fun fish to watch.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I just have to make some decisions about which fish I can keep in a 110. Most of the tangs in the 450 will go. Zebra sadly died last year.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I just have to make some decisions about which fish I can keep in a 110. Most of the tangs in the 450 will go. Zebra sadly died last year.

Well you have a pretty big selection to choose from. Mind if I ask a question?

Is there any type of reef type you are looking to implement as it relates to look and animals? Fringing reef? Barrier reef? Atoll, or patch?

A lot of us hobbyist put fish in our display but never give a second thought about them or if they have ever seen the fish next to them. Same with corals. Some fish are open swimmers, some hug the bottom, some roam the crest, some build rubble dens like beavers. They all have different eating and sleeping habits yet we toss them all together like a junk drawer.

Display size may not allow it but maybe the question can help you make some decisions. Hope you have a great day.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to dispense with SPS. The 110 is already quite well populated with softies, it also boasts an impressive plague of majanos. So, some of the rocks will go, and I’ll at least add in the asfur angel, the lemon peel, dusty wrasse, and some subset of the damsels. Asfur probably means the anthelia colony is toast, we shall see. I’ll also move over some of the LPS like the brain, favia, and chalice corals Yellow tip magnifica will remain also, so probably means more of a lagoon or fringing reef type tank.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back