***Spring Grow Out - Class 1 Experts Only - Vote For Yours Today***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Spring Grow Out - Class 1 - Expert Only Contenders

• Lasermelon

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Orange Blast?

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Cabanacide

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • F****** Die-na-Myte

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on when and how people are getting selected for these?

Maybe give winners and runners-up from prior growouts priority? There's only 10 spots in the expert division.
Clearly these guys/gals know what they are doing!

I believe class 2 and class 3 will be as usual, first come first serve. Class 1, I’m not sure how it’s going to be handled. It may be the same, first come first serve, or there may be another way it’s handled, this is still in discussions.

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefing102 Voted! Eventually one of the frags will like my system. Corals I’ve gotten in order with contest frag explode with growth. Contest frag,meh.
Stubborn till the end. If I can get a spot in expert I’ll take it!!!!

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe class 2 and class 3 will be as usual, first come first serve. Class 1, I’m not sure how it’s going to be handled. It may be the same, first come first serve, or there may be another way it’s handled, this is still in discussions.
Can’t wait for the impossible choices deal… haha

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe reserve class 1 for those who survived a full previous growout?

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While not 100% confirmed (somewhere around 95%) I believe Class 1 at this point will be first come first serve.

Plans are in the works for a Tournament of Champions style grow out (but not until the spring grow outs get off their feet and likely (just guessing) not until the fall grow outs conclude.

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not an acro, my coolest coral in tank.
IMG_3456.jpeg
IMG_3452.jpeg

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this as being a pre requisite for getting to enter. Lots of folks end up dropping before we hit the 6 month mark on most of the grow outs. I would really like to see a whole group make it the full year.

My nearly 1.5 year old Bloodbank colony that one me 2nd in that competition. I would love to see everyone's corals make it this far!
IMG_20240326_184009_890.jpg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've participated in one grow out to which I lost my frag to it coming unglued from a rock. IMO the previous contest winners and runners up should have the first opportunity to join the expert contest. This isn't to say someone couldn't grow one better but rather those who have competed and succeeded have "earned the right" so to speak. Maybe a title follows as this would make that person a champion of champions or "king of the BC growout". Anyhoo...my 2.

Last edited:

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've participated in one grow out to which I lost my frag to it coming unglued from a rock. IMO the previous contest winners and runners up should have the first opportunity to join the expert contest. This isn't to say someone couldn't grow one better but rather those who have competed ND succeeded have "earned the right" so to speak. Maybe a title follows as this would make that person a champion of championsor "king of the BC growout". Anyhoo...my 2.
I like the thought of this as well. Makes for better competition knowing everyone else has completed a contest.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. Just an update:

At this time all contests will be first come, first serve. (Your requests have not been ignored and a tournament of champions style contest will occur in the future)

Also, at this time to ensure everyone gets as fair of a chance as possible, members will be limited to select one class. If another class does not fill up by the to be announced registration deadline, that one will open up to members in other classes.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At this time all contests will be first come, first serve. (Your requests have not been ignored and a tournament of champions style contest will occur in the future)

Also, at this time to ensure everyone gets as fair of a chance as possible, members will be limited to select one class. If another class does not fill up by the to be announced registration deadline, that one will open up to members in other classes.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Will we get to see which coral wins before we choose class?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going with the laser melon… just a fyi for anyone voting on the specousa that coral is the slowest growing thing you’ll ever own lol.. I know people that’s had it for 2 years and it’s only encrusted and very little.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any chatter on cant make up your mind deal again, since your only allowed one class I guess that wouldnt work, but maybe 1 class box 2 classs box etc ? Is I making sense :p

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please tag me in the expert class! I want in on that one.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chatter on cant make up your mind deal again, since your only allowed one class I guess that wouldnt work, but maybe 1 class box 2 classs box etc ? Is I making sense :p

You’re making sense. I haven’t asked to be honest. Though let me see what we can work out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back