***Spring Grow Out - Class 1 Experts Only - Vote For Yours Today***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Spring Grow Out - Class 1 - Expert Only Contenders

• Lasermelon

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Orange Blast?

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Cabanacide

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • F****** Die-na-Myte

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, I have edited the poll to close tomorrow. After discussing with Adam some of the ideas here, due to the limited capacity, we will open a sign up thread in the near future, and the 10 participants will then vote on which frag they want as a contest frag. To my knowledge, for the participants, there will be an impossible choices pack available.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick suggestion: though these corals in the current poll look awesome, can we have @Battlecorals ’s choice of frag too as an option for the participants? I mean I think spathulatas and speciosas are some of the more difficult ones to grow, but Adam knows his corals best and he might have fun challenging this expert group too (or the future tournament of champions)

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick suggestion: though these corals in the current poll look awesome, can we have @Battlecorals ’s choice of frag too as an option for the participants? I mean I think spathulatas and speciosas are some of the more difficult ones to grow, but Adam knows his corals best and he might have fun challenging this expert group too (or the future tournament of champions)
Which one is a spathulata? None look like that to me…. The cabanacide is a speciosa, and the orange bay/blast is a nasuta.

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one is a spathulata? None look like that to me…. The cabanacide is a speciosa, and the orange bay/blast is a nasuta.
Sorry what I meant is that Adam should put a coral in the poll that he believes will challenge the experts to grow. None of the corals in this poll are Spaths, but i heard those types of corals are a challenge too

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, all of the corals in these three class polls were chosen by Adam. I simply stole the pics off his website and made the poll.
Ah i didn’t know that!
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be better handled as a lottery to join, as it is very limited in participation.
I actually kinda like that idea. Everyone that wants in qets a chance. But either way, I’ll attempt getting my hands on a spot.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries!

As for sign ups, I’m still in talks with Adam but what I was thinking was making a post stating a date and time sign ups will open (give it about a week of advertisement) and then post the sign up thread at the date and time specified. But I have not discussed this with Adam yet.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No worries!

As for sign ups, I’m still in talks with Adam but what I was thinking was making a post stating a date and time sign ups will open (give it about a week of advertisement) and then post the sign up thread at the date and time specified. But I have not discussed this with Adam yet.
Yeah actually due to the limited count I would 100% be OK with the lottery if you guys are up for something like that. kind of a random number generator or something to that effect. I might be able to eat 12 out we'll see I like to keep a couple back ups in case things don't go well.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah i didn’t know that!
Correct. all of the pieces have to meet criteria. Of course the amount I can come up with reasonably and safely is way up there, followed by various degrees hardiness and growth rates. And I think it goes without saying faster growing coral certainly will make for a more entertaining competition.

The space laser. Cool as it was, was like watching paint dry. lol

I think we did pretty good on selections time though. Whichever pieces end up getting chosen, I'm feeling pretty good about this one. for each class.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah actually due to the limited count I would 100% be OK with the lottery if you guys are up for something like that. kind of a random number generator or something to that effect. I might be able to eat 12 out we'll see I like to keep a couple back ups in case things don't go well.
I like the idea of a lottery. i'm not usually quick enough to make it in to one with so few spots. at least with the lottery i would have a chance, however small it might be.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONLY 10 SPOTS!?!?
For this one, yes. It’ll be a lottery, which I’ll post that thread soon (read likely a couple weeks) with more details. Anyone who would be interested would post in that thread. Then there would be “drawing” day after the interest thread is done.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For this one, yes. It’ll be a lottery, which I’ll post that thread soon (read likely a couple weeks) with more details. Anyone who would be interested would post in that thread. Then there would be “drawing” day after the interest thread is done.
Sounds. . . fair

But I still don’t like it!

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you could have a decent chance. Assuming everyone took two votes, that’s only about 30 voters in the thread.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back