OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No don't listen to Chris, he's delirious, hearing things. I'm looking for rock and have to put in a order through BRS. It'll be here soon enough :)

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on size and shape. Looking to get pukani so I'm not trying to target a certain weight per gallon. I got your PM! That's pretty cool about the flying fish!

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on size and shape. Looking to get pukani so I'm not trying to target a certain weight per gallon. I got your PM! That's pretty cool about the flying fish!
nice! and yea, it's awesome. I forgot to mention that it flew in my boat while running and gunning for mahi. I thought it was a huge bug and when I go to look closer I realize it was this little guy lol took a pic and threw him back in. They are super cool how they fly

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt expect any less from you...This is brilliant! Beautiful!

I could write many words...but will just say that this is a beautiful creation...Seriously, I love this!
IMG_1416_1_zps733e51ca.jpg

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for the positive words Sahin. I know it's a slow build but wasn't meant to be a fast one..it's coming along :)

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went on the great hunt for rock today with no real luck, still have a couple places to check out before I resort to purchasing rock online. I added filter socks today (my first rodeo with filter socks) and ended up going with the most redly available brand around here....DeepBlue 200 micron. I was looking for 100 micron but now thinking is there really a big difference? If someone can chime in with some experience please do. I may end up going with nylon instead of felt too. Less of a headache to clean I hear.

IMG_1427_zps1f90046c.jpg

freak1456

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went on the great hunt for rock today with no real luck, still have a couple places to check out before I resort to purchasing rock online. I added filter socks today (my first rodeo with filter socks) and ended up going with the most redly available brand around here....DeepBlue 200 micron. I was looking for 100 micron but now thinking is there really a big difference? If someone can chime in with some experience please do. I may end up going with nylon instead of felt too. Less of a headache to clean I hear.

IMG_1427_zps1f90046c.jpg

I think I watched a youtube video showing that you can throw the felt ones in the washing machine and dryer. Not to sure if the nylon ones are dryer safe.

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I watched a youtube video showing that you can throw the felt ones in the washing machine and dryer. Not to sure if the nylon ones are dryer safe.

Great! I'll check it out thanks.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks if it, I have the same socks you got there. I switch them out every 3 days and throw the dirty ones in the washer and run it with the hottest water (no detergent or bleach although I've used bleach w success before). Gets them super clean, almost like new, and is so much easier than hand washing. There is no need to throw them in the dryer as they are almost dry from the spin cycle. I just hang em up to dry what little moisture is left. No need to rinse in rodi or anything I've found. Only issue I have is sometimes after they wash they still have some cat hair on them as I have 2 cats that shed like crazy. Takes me less than a minute to pick the hair off each sock. Good luck rock searching!

OP
OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for the tips! Yeah looking for rock hasn't been too successful lately but hopefully I'll strike gold... :)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back